Stupid NZ Track - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2003, 21:07   #1 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

Stupid NZ Track

I think the track in NZ is pretty crappy, not that we have better ones, but the fact that you can cover the track in 57 seconds and it takes you 48 to 50 seconds to go through the pits. This track should be alot longer so as people have a chance to still be on the lead lap. I noticed at the end of Race 3 that there was only 6 to 8 people on the lead lap out of 30. (approximate figures can't quite remember,). I am not Kiwi bashing here but is there any other tracks in NZ that could hold a V8 round???

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2003, 21:28   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Re: Stupid NZ Track

There's another thread with a proposed street circuit floating around. I think that'd be a much better choice, since the pit lane may suit the series better, (ie. be less than 90% of the laptime), and give cars and us a closer better race.

And just before maverick or any of the other Holden (or Ford, for that matter) boys come in here and take this wrongly, This is not through bitterness of a non race win. This a thread on the suitability of Pukehkohe (sorry about the spelling) to the V8 supercars race series.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 21:45   #3 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

Correct, and well said

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
Old 11-11-2003, 21:49   #4 (permalink)

I was there at the weekend and agree that the track is not the best design.From the stand you can not see much(although more than a street circut)and the track layout is basically a big oval with a few extra corners thrown in.
We have a really awesome track called Manfield(close to Palmerston North,lower North Island)Avesco were there today looking at it as a posibility in 2006.Puke has the race untill then.
Pukekohes facilities need a lot of money spent as they barely coped last weekend.
Hopefully in 2006 Manfield will get the green light.
Old 11-11-2003, 22:32   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Is'nt Barbagallo sub 60 second also?

Sure Pukekohe isn't the longest track, thats why there's gonna be an Auckland CBD Street circuit, duh!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 22:56   #6 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

I feel the same way about barbagello!!! And no I didn't know about the so called street cicuit, DUH!!!!

Old 11-11-2003, 22:59   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I recon it's great to have variation! - I love Pukekohe, I think it's because the spudboy is doing so well we're getting pissed off at the track!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 23:09   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

I think the tracks are ok...while being a lap down sounds bad, in reality your not that far behind. Anyway..maybe the question should be why is the person that far back to begin with?

Its the same for all the cars, I dont mind the track, we cant have every race being a bathurst, yuo just about need gps to talk to someone on the other side of the track.

Varirty is the spice of life fellas!!...thats my saying for the day :/

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:00   #9 (permalink)

Not everything revolves around Auckland.DUH!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:45   #10 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

i have to agree it's a boring track.
A lap behind is a big gap when the pace car comes out and bunches the field up right on ya arse!
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe