Supercar News Pre-2004 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2004, 19:15   #1 (permalink)
Skaife doing the Haka

Supercar News Pre-2004

Hey guys,

This is my first post. I'm addicted to the Supercars, and all off season I spend time surfing the web trying to find information about new teams, new drivers, new cars, new paintjobs etc.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread on here where we could post new information or links to photos etc.

Like the FPR paint jobs are released at the australian motor show. As soon as that happens Ill post a link here.

Also, has anyone heard any rumours about whats happening with the old team brock? (Brock and betta electrical have dropped sponsorship, my only reason behind this would be a shift to ford manufacturer for the team, anyone have any other ideas?)

Thanks, Dayton (adelaide)
dayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2004, 19:31   #2 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Re: Supercar News Pre-2004

Dayton, welcome to the forums.

I too am interested in the supercars. Although Im prolly not as keen as you seem to be.

Hey are you going to this years Clipsal 500? Do you have tickets? If not, click the link below for tickets details Im organising for SA members and others alike.

You should join us on the next cruise which I beleive is the falcon car club day.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
Skaife doing the Haka

Hey mate,

Yeh i love the clipsal 500. Best motorsport event in australia like 4 years in a row. :D

I have tickets already though. I cant wait till they release tickets for V8Superstars in adelaide. It will be the first one since the skaife/ingall incident! There will be hell arguments and we will get to watch skaifey lose it again hehe.

Dayton
Old 01-19-2004, 14:27   #4 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

No problems mate, good to see your organised.

Will you be attending the Falcon Car Club Cruise on the 26th?
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 18:52   #5 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton
Hey guys,

This is my first post. I'm addicted to the Supercars, and all off season I spend time surfing the web trying to find information about new teams, new drivers, new cars, new paintjobs etc.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread on here where we could post new information or links to photos etc.

Like the FPR paint jobs are released at the australian motor show. As soon as that happens Ill post a link here.

Also, has anyone heard any rumours about whats happening with the old team brock? (Brock and betta electrical have dropped sponsorship, my only reason behind this would be a shift to ford manufacturer for the team, anyone have any other ideas?)

Welcome to FF Dayton. Just a note though, there's already a thread on the first page called 'V8 supercar 2004 silly season' with the info you might be after.

Here's the link:

V8 Supercar 2004 Silly Season
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 19:03   #6 (permalink)
FPV Tasmania Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton
Hey guys,

Almost imposible to happen PWR (old Team Brock) is part of the Holden deal with the 3 teams, lon term contracts (10 years, I think) were signed with HRT, PWR, and K-mart Racing to be Holdens Front teams. I cant see them leaving to go to Ford, they will never get a deal like they do from Holden. Also note that Brock never owned a cent of this team, was just another payed employee
Old 01-20-2004, 19:08   #7 (permalink)
Skaife doing the Haka

Hey TS50,

They got the worst deal from Holden. Thats why Bright said on the podium of the last round "It would be nice if holden could help out some of its other teams." (because they pump all their money into HRT. That is why Team Brock couldnt afford the VY cars).

Anyway, I hope Bright and Weel do change to Ford, because they are the last 2 good blokes driving for holden at the moment. Ford has already taken lowndes and ingall, the 2 best personalities from holden. :)

Dayton
Old 01-20-2004, 21:49   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Welcome dude, great to see more V8supercar fans around, not that theres a shortage! - This place is quiet at the moment, just wait 'till you see what happens when the season kicks off!...

I'M IN WITHDRAWL!!!

Bloody off season!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 14:01   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I'M IN WITHDRAWL!!!

Bloody off season!
Same here, the off season is too long
Mickcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 16:59   #10 (permalink)
Skaife doing the Haka

Tell me about it hehe!

Thats why i made the thread. I want to hear some news! Damn silly season is too long.

Also did anyone remember the odds that Ambrose had in Round 1, Race 1 of 2003?? It was 19:1!!!!! i won a lot of money from that bet.

Dayton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe