Targa report Day 5 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2002, 07:01   #1 (permalink)

Targa report Day 5

It was a black day for us today, and an extremely trying one.

Day 5 sees the event leave the south headed for Burnie on the North west Coast. Steve was looking forward to this day as it promised to be the best day yet as far as moving up the ladder. It wasn't to be.

I had only just taken the jerry can for refueling when word came back that the XR6 had done a motor. We were out of the event.

I must say i was more disappointed then the team. The car had to be towed from Symmons to Burnie. It was just enough time to call in the favours and start to organise the engine swap. This started about 2:00 and 6 hours later the race car was moving under its own steam albit it with the support cars motor.

I would like to thank everone in the club who particpated in this event with a notable mention going out to Neill, Adam, and Graham. A special mention must go out to Fairford of the Golden Mile in Cooee and Michael Gee.

The car will compete day 6 but the event is over.

After 5 days of the event I still am yet to meet Waza. We passed each other on the road today and have talked on the phone. A counter launch tomorrow( actually today) will be the go for sure.

I can report that their car is up to 23rd place. They are in party mode and when I spoke to warrick about an hour ago the school girls had just arrived. From the noise in the background I believed him. Sounded like they were in for a hell of a night.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe