Ford Forums banner

Team Yamaha - Thanks to the fans

9K views 120 replies 42 participants last post by  Goober 
#1 ·
To all the Ford Fans who followed our progress during the 24 Hour at Bathurst last weekend, A BIG THANKYOU from me (Trevor Haines) for all the enthusiastic support given. I have just read the thread on the race on this forum and am amazed that so many people followed our progress.

We finished 9th outright, 4th in GT Performance class and was indeed the first Aussies production car home. I have only just been informed by Ford Performance Vehicles of the level of discussion going on and have now joined this forum to chat with anyone interested.

So folks, feel free to ask any questions about the weekend and I will write straight back for the next few days at least.

Thanks Trevor. ps BRT stands for "Big Rev Trev" [nickname]

Go Ford!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
Congratulations on a great race and thanks for coming online. It must of been good at the end going past the Mosler!

Can you tell us what the plans are for next year?

#3 ·
TE50 at bathurst.

Congratulations indeed, it was good watching your car 'dice' with the mosler. It looked to sprint off up the hill and then the TE50 would catch it again across the mountain. cool!

Aren't those windsors willing motors; in what must be one of its last official competition outings it lived up to it's long and glorious history.

Could you tell us what kind of revs the motor turned over the 24hours, and anything you had to do to keep it alive?

again, well done!

#4 ·
Driver and Max_torque

Hi folks

Thanks for the support. James Philip was co-driving at the time we were on the TV and yes he was pretty pumped as he passed the Mosler as was I. I was being interviewed at the time but watching the monitor with one eye.

The car ran like a Swiss watch with the only breakage being a throttle cable. Of course the team are blaming we drivers for that one but what the heck. do they want us to be gentle with it or drive it!! We ran the car pretty well flatout all day, but took 600rpm off our normal 6000rpm limit and just braked a bit early than normal to conserve pads. and that was it, drive it as hard as necessary was the plan. It is a testimony to the Windsor as the oil consumption for the whole 2912kms covered was three litres!

I will look in at the forum throughout the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the support.
ps next year? Planning something bigger if funding can be arranged!! Stay tuned.

#5 ·
Well done Trevor, It's good to see you guys flying Ford flag and I know we were behind you all the way.

How are thing looking next year. I recall you said something about the BARRA. Will you be in the XR8, or head straight up to the GT?

Maybe you should get Geoff to bring out the new GT-40 for you bloke. :) Now that would be nice to see.

Well done again guys.

#7 ·
Hey Trev, - A big thanX to you mate for giving us Ford Fans something to Crow about!! The only reason I kept refreshing that Natsoft screen for 24hrs was the Yamaha T3!

How different is your T3 over the showroom version? - and what extra preperation did you guys make for the 24hr?

Bigger for next year - Can't wait! - congratulations again to all your team - Seeing the Big Falcon finish 9th makes me a very proud old Ford man!!

#10 ·
66-mustang

thanks for the support. this forum is going mad. hang in there folks and I will try to answer everybody.

Next year I really can discuss in detail yet. lots of conversations and planning happening but a Barra GT is our current thinking. I like the GT40 idea.... hadn't thought of that. Certainly given the big yellow thing that kept passing me a run!

Ciao BRT

#11 ·
A big congratulations to you and Team Yamaha. You guys were the only reason why I watched the 24 hour and to see you cross the line in 9th gave me (and I'm sure all us Ford fans) something to be proud of, especially as this class of racing is close to stock.

Clearly, your guys did a great job on preparing the car and your co drivers did a stirling job piloting the big Falc around the Mount.
I look foward to watching your progress next year and wish you every success.

Out of interest, what sort of mods/preperation went into the car Trev?

Kieron

#12 ·
Well Done to you and your Team BRT. It was indeed a fantastic achievment, not only to finnish the Bathurst 24h race but, to finnish in 9th Outright! :bowd:

Like many people on this forum I was constantly refreshing the results pages and listening to the commentry via the Internet to keep track of how the T3 was going.

Once again Congrats and best of luck for the next season with the new car. :hy:

#13 ·
Hey homer, phase3 tx3dude and FordLover

figured I might reply in a group.

Thanks to you all for following the progress and barracking for the FPV.

As I said in a previous reply, next year is fluid but I am very keen to build on our teams momentum. I know the guys in my team are capable of engineering Ford's best into race trim having had a very successful season both sprint and endurance wise, so onwards and upwards!!! It cool to hear I have given someone something to be proud of (phase3). God knows this world is a crazy place, so if the team has entertained or pleased someone, hey its all been worthwhile!!!

The car has a few mods to lift its power output to match the HSV300 under the GTPerformance rules, ie. camshaft B303 ex Ford motorsport (mild road cam), Ali heads for weight more than power improvement. We run MOTEC engine management, Free shocks and springs ex King Springs[sponsor!!] uprated brakepads and of course rollcage, race seats etc. but thats about it. Oh, diff is 3.73 not 3.45 and spooler (locked like a V8 Supercar runs). Long distance tanks 120litre but simple pump system not the complex gear in a Supercar. Anyway feel free to ask about spec if I haven't covered it off. and exhaust is free after the first cat.

I will mention the main sponsors: Yamaha of course, Delphi came on for the 24hour as did Auto Parts Marts, King Springs, Castrol, Red Bull (the crew needed that!!),Gonzo's Pipes (Gonz make the V8 Supercar exhausts for the Fords based in Qld), Triple R Racing ( Craig preps the car), Sunshine Ford and for this weekend the Warren Group joined us (Sydney Ford Dealer), BF Goodrich / Michellin. Tremec (TTC Automotive - makers of the TR3650 gearbox helped), oh and of course huge help from FPV themselves leading upto the race, Ford Medical staff helped (The V8 Supercar drivers support gang were there to help us - Thanks Ford!).

So a long reply sorry. Thanks again for the support.

Go Ford!!!

Ciao BRT

#15 ·
Hey Kieron

Thnks for the support. Another "pleased" Ford fan. Yahoo!!

Check out the prevous reply for some technical specs. Hey if you guys/gals on the forum want to see a bit about Team Yamahathe website address is www.ontrack-racing.com.au. The site is a bit behind (we race cars not run websites, it is a voluntarily manned site so is a little behind), feel free to check it out.

Thanks BRT

#18 ·
Rastus

Thanks dude. On to next year!!!

PS definitely buy the BA XR8. They are great things!! And Ford do not pay me to say that, I just spent six hours thrashing the heck out of the te50 and it was an absolute pleasure to race it so hard. A tough car!!

ciao BRT

#19 ·
Congratulations Trev and team.:thup: :beer2: Best of luck for the future and hope that you can kick some GTS (and WRX and Evo) @rse next year in a GT. Sounds like the TE was ultra reliable at Bathurst. Don't want to sound critical but is that a normal amount of oil to use? Sounds a bit high, but I don't know much about race cars so it probably is OK.

#20 ·
Hey Falchoon

Thanks for the congrats. We were kicking EVO and WRX butt for most of the race but alas in the end a couple of Subarus finished ahead of us. Never mind, we will take them on next year.

Three litres is nothing considering the pounding the poor motor took. Shows how tough the old Windsor engines are.

Ciao BRT

#21 ·
Sensational result Trev, yourself and the team did a top job and silenced a lot of large mouths in the process! :fluffy:

Was great to have you guys along to one of our TOCNSW meetings as well (but in typically bad luck, I missed it, dammit!), and we'd love to have you back again!

As you've said, next year is still a little way off as yet, but I for one would LOVE to see your team running a hot Boss-powered BA!! They are an inspiring vehicle, and should get potential sponsors all hot'n'bothered and fighting for panel space!! :s6:

All the best and hope to see you on the podium soon!

Mike

#22 ·
Welcome to the forums. Let me add my congratulations for the top effort in the 24 hour as well as the comeback after the first outing "let's see what the bottom of the car looks like on TV", episode.

Cheers
Russ

#24 ·
Hey Mike

Where the heck does Mr Sparkles fit in the picture?? Anyway, thanks for the congrats. It was a strong team effort of which I am very proud.

I think Jon Carroll, my Team Manager dropped in to the TOCNSW meeting earlier this year but I leave a standing offer on the table to TOCNSW and all the TOC clubs in Australia that I will come and talk about our campaign and the car. Happy to waste anybodies time who will sit and be bored with the waffle!! And they are prepared to fit in with my travel diary.

When news of next year is able to be published, I will make sure this Forums get the goss asap. I think the Holden boys in GT Performance will be running for cover!!

Ciao BRT

#25 ·
Hey Russ

Thanks for the welcome and the best wishes. Yes Adelaide was a character building experience!!! However the exposure for Yamaha, my main sponsor, has been huge. Pity it was for the wrong reason, but as they say,"any exposure is good exposure". And its past history now!

Will keep an eye on the Forum from now on. I had no idea the following for Ford and its seems my team was so huge. Humbling really. Makes me want to do a stronger job though knowing lots of folk are cheering in the background. Go Ford!!

Thanks

Trevor [BRT]

#26 ·
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the strong finish in the 24 hour race. I would have loved to have been at the track for it, as I live in bathurst, but uni exams got in the way of that. However I have heard they will hold the race in december next year so I will definately be able to get there and cheer you guys on then.
Best of luck for the future, and thankyou for giving us ford fans something to cheer about :hy: :hy: :hy: :hy: :hy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.