Ford Forums banner

Thexton to race Konicas at Phillip Island

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  The Captain 
#1 ·
David Thexton is racing his AU at Phillip Island in Konicas this weekend for anyone who cares.

#5 ·
Post from Conrod.com

GTRMagic

Regular
The post in fordforums isnt totally inspiring confidence but I had heard similarly... not sure under whose entry Mr Speedy Thexton will run however....

It will be a bif run from Darwin to PI for Wednesday, but having left Sat nite will be in a better position than SBR/DJR/SER

I'm sorry that I don't inspire confidence Mr GTRMagic, however I was right about Canto being put back in the chair for Darwin and I am right again about Thexton racing at Phillip Island on the weekend.

And just for the record the Thexton truck didnt leave Darwin till Monday morning.

#6 ·
Hey I dont mind being proven wrong, it was confirmed in a V8Supercar press release for the Konica round today too

The crux of the problem and the reason for my doubt is that Speedy doesnt have an entry... which in conventional times would mean he wouldnt get a gig... amazing what happens when AVESCO want you to get better or get out, all sorts of doors open up....

The interesting thing is that SBR is using PCR to truck their Konica car to PI, while Speedy is rushing to be at PI by Wednesday night..... how odd...

#8 ·
good luck to him, in one way. he's got money, he loves cars and seems to want to have a go. However...

Don't know if any of you have looked up Natsoft's website, but he raced at Darwin in the MG Trophy series and he was between 5 and 5.8 seconds off the pace in qualifying, then finished second last!
what's the point? there are more appropriate and beneficial learning categories around than V8 Supercar. That far off the pace (11 seconds a lap on race pace at Eastern Creek), he's just hanging on, not learning, and he's getting in the way.

Could say the same about Forbes in races, but on his good days, he's shown some qualifying pace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.