G. Murphy 1:24.0266
S. Richards 1:24.1633
S. Johnson 1:24.2497
J. Bowe 1:24.3838
T. Kelly 1:24.7252
R. Ingall 1:25.0673
G. Tander 1:26.6227

#5 ·
Thought Ingal might have finsihed a little higher. I guess some things never change though, Ambrose is still leading the Ford Charge!

#6 ·
falconS said:
what issue was that in gadgeman? i have every issue from the last year and a half and i dont remember reading that
It was in the current issue at the start of the PCOTY story where they were describing how the locals at a country town all wanted to see only the GTS.....dunno why....:cursethis

#7 ·
4 fords in the top 10..
Holden can get away with anything, and where the hell are Ford Performance Racing. 3 Cars millions of money what an embarrasment. Congrats to Ambrose,Rusty Steve Johnson(who deserves it after a hard year) and Bowie.
Lets hope we can beat them in the race and kick that pr**k bright out of the race

#8 ·
Looks like another long and TWR dominated year.

I bet even if they put Skaife in a Ford, he wouldn't be able to help us.

I know we can't expect much from FPR this early, but I was at least hoping to have Lowndes make the top 10.

What is going on here Setons AU was quicker than Lowndes in a BA.

Looks like SBR are the only real Ford challengers, If only they ran six cars like TWR.

#10 ·
So what do we expect??
Let's see - we've had 1 day of official testing for the BA's plus the Melbourne "exhibition" and then the lead up to this race.

Do we really think these things are going to be quick out of the box?

Personally I am well pleased with the reults from DJR and I suspect that FPR have been concentrating on race set-up rather than qualifying trim - I guess we will know by this time tomorrow.

Took the time to chat to a couple of the FPR engineers today and they seemed a lot happier than I thought they would be.

Cheers
Russ

#13 ·
70mach1 said:
Holden can get away with anything, and where the hell are Ford Performance Racing. 3 Cars millions of money what an embarrasment.
Sorry but you've gotta be shitting me. These guys have just expanded from a one car 9 person outfit to a 3 car 30 people outfit & you're dissapointed with a first up qualifying result? Give the team a chance. Geez.. :whoaa:

#14 ·
Thanks for the info. My weekend just got freed up. I won't bother watching race one with 4 cars that shouldnt be there starting in the top 10.

Yes I know its early days for FPR, but they sat on their hands for 5 years instead of doing something about Holden's dominance. I'm tired of waiting for HRO to be challenged.

#15 ·
I am impressed with Seto's performance hopefully he can have some luck and get a good result.

FPR have never said they are going to win straight away they have a plan of progressing upto the HRT's level. Remember this is a very competitive series and Seto's team wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last year.

#16 ·
Stealth00 said:
I bet even if they put Skaife in a Ford, he wouldn't be able to help us.
I would love to see it actually, I know the teams would never wear it but imagine:
take Mark and put him in the leading Ford and the leading Ford driver (whoever it might be for the year) put him in the HRT car. Run the cars in a twenty lap race, I hate to say it but the Ford would probably be a little bit quicker and the HRT car would still be the winner.

Yes I want the Holden's arses well and truely beaten, The Ford's will be closer this year but I still think the best is yet to come.

Paul B
XR6WGN

#17 ·
What do you people expect?

Talk about jump the gun!! :shifty:
Seriously, not being rude but what the F**K do you expect??
The BA is not a wellknown racer yet, these boys are adjusting from their old AU's. Remember this is a big change in aerodynamics, Shouldn't we wait a while before we start bitching about how HRO are going to dominate this season?.:sleep:
You guys need to think about the situation before you start ripping everyone off.

#18 ·
give it time peoples. not much testing has been done on these new BA's. the agp was a test session. tell you the truth i am suprised with russell ingall, very quick for someone in a new team, car, and brand. its a long race anything can happen. GO FORD!!!

#19 ·
Yellow Fire said:
Thanks for the info. My weekend just got freed up. I won't bother watching race one with 4 cars that shouldnt be there starting in the top 10.

I hear you. Ah well, victory is always sweetest when faced with adversity.
Said it before, will say it again, Go Ambrose!!!!!

#20 ·
Rodderz said:
It was in the current issue at the start of the PCOTY story where they were describing how the locals at a country town all wanted to see only the GTS.....dunno why....:cursethis
Exactly!!!! Especially if there is a $350k+ SL55 AMG and $200k+ E55 AMG and Bozster S present at the same time. Why the hell would I want to even bother with that overplasticsised POS?!??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.