Toyota poll - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: If Toyota enter V8's will it spoil the series
yes 20 68.97%
no 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2001, 19:39   #1 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

Toyota poll

If Toyota enters V8's will it be good for the sport???

Yes

No

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2001, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

If Toymotor join I'll be filthy. I sure as hell don't give a rats arse about them. It's Ford or Holden when it comes to V8 Supercar Racing.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 20:14   #3 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Yeah, but then you probably wouldn't want Holden in the series if it were only a Ford. It's the COMPETITION that makes the series what it is, not any one dominant manufacturer.

This is the year 2001. Toyota were the top selling manufacturer in 2000 - even if they did include Daihatsu and Lexus. Holden were the same by including Saab and Isuzu. If Ford had included Volvo, Range Rover and Mazda things might be different........but I digress.

Which means there are a LOT of Australians that drive a Toyota and would love to see them join the series fair and square, even if their claims of total sales volume were not fair and square. It would mean more spectators, more interest, more advertising, bigger races, more exposure. Albeit it might mean more expensive racing, but I'd bet my left Testicle that AVESCO would have something to say about that.

Come on, how can it be bad? You mean Ford would have a different type of car to race against?

Isn't that the same as Holden teams claiming they couldn't keep up with HRT, and would rather not have to race a competitve Ford, and thus kept a parity advantage for over 2 years?

My vote was for letting Toyota in. And it always will be. And Mitsubishi for that matter. But that's where the buck stops.

HOWEVER, I think Toyota should be forced to release a V8 to the public as a condition of entry. Same for any manufacturer. They need to have a locally assembled production V8 to get in.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 20:40   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I vote that it will ruin the series because it plays around with our folklore.... sure there was a time when other cars raced, and won at Mt Panorama but the focus has always been on the Holden Vs Ford rivalry, it's only going to mess around with this by allowing Toyota into the Heart and soul of Australian racing that is Ford Vs Holden Supercars.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 20:48   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Link to an article...
http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp?i=news&id=13151
Old 06-20-2001, 20:52   #6 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
I vote that it will ruin the series because it plays around with our folklore.... sure there was a time when other cars raced, and won at Mt Panorama but the focus has always been on the Holden Vs Ford rivalry, it's only going to mess around with this by allowing Toyota into the Heart and soul of Australian racing that is Ford Vs Holden Supercars.
Thats exactly what I think.
The Ford vs. Holden war has been going on for a very long time, it would wreck an Australian heritage if toyota were to be brought into it.
We all know that both Ford and Holden(GM) are American based companies but we dont think of them that way, we think of them as Australian companies, so to bring in an outsider/international entrant, would be just wrong.
I seriusly hope that it doesn't happen and I hope that everything posible is done to see that it doen't happen.

I'll start a pickett line if I have to.

Paul

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 20:58   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

Quote:
...with Toyota 'keen' to lift the profile of its Avalon V8 car in Australia
Last time I checked Toyota didn't have a V8 in this country. Let alone a RWD V8 sedan. :fmad:
Quote:
...sources close to Toyota "would have little difficulty buying their way into the franchised sport...
If this happens then I'm calling shenanigans. Dollars can't buy you into this series. It will prove what AVESCO is all about if this were to happen. Dollars buys HRT their success (on & off track, ie. stewards hearings) so it'd really wouldn't be that much of a surprise to see this eventuate.
There's more to racing in this country than a chequebook Mr Cochraine. It's about time you started to realise this. :fmad:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 21:00   #8 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

So I take it that you'll be on the pickett line with me Ford Man.

We'll have to think up a good chant though.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 21:34   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I'm just going to vote with my feet and TV screen, I won't watch or go to the races, nor access the results on the net etc...
Old 06-20-2001, 21:50   #10 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

I can see it now...children all over Australia with posters of Toyota Avalon's on their wall, idolising their wild and aggressive styling...'oh what a' joke!!

The Avalon is for a particular individual, one who has taken the big step by trading in their beloved Toyota Corona or Nissan Cedric. They are the sort of person who thought that motorsport was banned in the 70's, after those environmentally damaging cars nearly killed planet Earth.

So leave these people out of something they don't know exists, because if they find out, get ready for tea and coffee only on top of Mt Panorama.

Ok, maybe a little extreme...and stupid.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe