traction control - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2002, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
Code Monkey

traction control

in my opinion i think the castrol has it. on 2 occasions so far ive seen ingall clearly lost it on the exit but regained the advantage. also since the pit limiter was introduced at canberra last year, their cars have had a very sick sounding noise well running around, could this be some crude of traction conrtol or am i just paranoid?
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2002, 22:23   #2 (permalink)
Rail Rider

replace Castrol with HRT you may be closer.

Having a 20second lead after 10 laps is BS!
Old 03-15-2002, 23:48   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

there is no traction control in V8 supercars, if it was there it would be picked up in scrutineering.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 23:59   #4 (permalink)
Code Monkey

yeh they said the exact same thing in F1....
Old 03-16-2002, 00:05   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

about 2 years back AVESCO fitted traction control to mark larkhams car in testing to aid in it's detection if it is being used in a race.

In F1 they have much more complicated electronics which you can "hide" features in, also I do not believe it was being used in F1 before it became legal again.

There was recently ha huge argument on www.conrod.com.au about the traction control issue, I would suggest if you think it is in use got over and take a look at the thread and read some posts by the more knowledgeable people over there.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 00:49   #6 (permalink)
Code Monkey

ive read forums from conrod and 10/10s and im still not convinced. HRT openly admit that they "share" data from Arrows. The whole data sharing is another issue to itself, but what type of data can they share? cant be engine Arrows now use Cosworth, suspension well maybe a possibility so that only leaves electronics.

sure im biased but i dont trust the whole TWR organisation and if there was a way to gain an advantage with out being caught then they would take full advantage.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:22   #7 (permalink)
goooone

Walky is known internationally for being a bodgy character even in F1 where he is a loser people still think he doesn't play fair
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 03:15   #8 (permalink)
V8 GT Capri Member

I don,t think Hrt are using traction control,but using the PI data logging system,and sharing data with Twr arrows f1,is definetly an advantage over other teams.Hrt always seem to be one step in front,by using the lastest technology and engineering processes linked to Twr.Ironically arrows have now got a competative motor,from Cosworth racing which is owned by Ford.
They now have access to the latest in engine technology,and casting processes,and inevitiably some of this technology is being shared to Hrt,to race against other ford teams.
I wish ford would committ more fully to sharing their top line technologies and resources with top line,supercar teams,instead of treating the supercars like a nascar marketing philosophy and money and polatics stand in the way.
Old 03-17-2002, 22:34   #9 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

Unfortuantely the V8's cant really gain anything from Ford's F1 connection.. they'd be better off by themselves with the current state that Jag are in. However, i'd really want to see Prodrive step in a give the place a shake up!!
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe