Trucks: Monsam out as Wood's crew chief - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2004, 13:49   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Trucks: Monsam out as Wood's crew chief

By Dave Rodman, Turner Sports Interactive

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Roush Racing has released crew chief John Monsam, who in 2003 led driver Jon Wood to his best season in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
Monsam, 43, engineered the No. 50 Ford trucks that Wood used to win the first two races of his career. Wood logged 10 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes in 25 races and was fifth in the championship, his first top-10 points finish in the series.

Roush announced Thursday that New Zealand native Tony Price, who burst on the NASCAR scene in 1985 as part of Greg Sacks' crew at DiGard Racing that won the Pepsi Firecracker 400 at Daytona, would move from Greg Biffle's Busch Series crew to head Woods' team.

Price worked with Monsam and Wood in 2003, first as shop foreman and later as truck chief on the No. 50.

Wood has slipped in the standings in recent weeks and fell to 10th after the transmission broke in the No. 50 Ford at Gateway International Raceway, the team's first DNF in 12 races. Wood has six top-10s so far this season.

"The relationship between a driver and a crew chief has to be based on the ultimate in confidence and respect," Monsam said. "Somewhere this season, Jon and I got off-track. "I appreciate the opportunity that Jack Roush gave me to make an impact on his organization and I think we did that.

"Jon's got a lot of talent and I wish them the best for the rest of the season."

Roush Racing tested with Wood on Tuesday and Wednesday at Chicagoland Speedway using in-house employees in the crew chief's role. A Roush spokesperson said the team did not comment on released personnel.

Price first worked with Roush Racing in 1986, when he was part of the championship winning sports car teams that won their class 10 consecutive years in the Rolex 24 At Daytona. He joined Roush's stock car program in 2002, working with Jeff Burton's Busch team that won five races and two Bud Poles.

"I look forward to getting Jon Wood back to Victory Lane," Price said. "I've worked at Roush Racing for many years and am very familiar with the trucks. We've got a great team here with a lot of potential."

The next Truck Series event is July 31 at Michigan International Speedway.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe