Ford Forums banner

TWR V8Supercar championship

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Number Seventeen 
#1 ·
There's rumours going through the V8 paddock that TWR will be supplying Team Brock with their cars.

Someone has to stop this from happening!!

TWR is killing V8Supercars or have they done that already?

If the other rumour of CAT joining TWR is true then we could see 7-8 TWR cars :BW:

#2 ·
:wgaf: they do it in NASCAR the holy grail of motor racing, its the aim of big ego Cochraine, the rest of the teams have to play catch up and play the same ball as TWR and stick to their guns, its as simple as that. the precident has been set.

#4 ·
I don't see the problem.
Senario 1 (now)
5 fast Holdens (TWR) and 5 slower Holdens. 10 moderately fast Fords.
No parity adjustment here because they all average out the same. TWR will still keep winning.

Senario 2 (future)
10 fast Holdens (TWR supplied). 10 moderately fast Fords.
Parity adjustment because the Holdens are faster.If more Holdens are faster and there is less between them, then a parity adjustment will benifit Ford.

IMO Ford should put all their bucks into one or two teams to get a few very fast Fords that can win, the slower ones will help nullify any parity trigger. This is working for Holden now.

#5 ·
#00 Lowndes said:
TWR is killing V8Supercars or have they done that already?
If they haven't as yet they're doing a mighty fine job of it. Things need to change next year & fast. I just hope that Project Blueprint has the desired result. If it doesn't then I don't know what the answer is.

#6 ·
The CAT $$$$ are jumping ship and will be on a TWR commy next year, that I know for sure.

#7 ·
TWR and the rest of the Holden brigade are going to find out how hard it is to set the double A arms up next year. The only team with half a clue at the moment is stone bros. Remember that TWR have had no experience in double A arm front ends in V8's ever.

#10 ·
kinobi said:
care to enlighten us RPO?
my guess is that they would have been testing the system already...they would be crazy not to

a big team / company like that would have been onto it for ages id reckon

#11 ·
kinobi said:
care to enlighten us RPO?
Rumour has it that TWR have been testing a vY Supercar in Europe for months now.

#12 ·
TWR also have a 'sports sedan' in V8 Supercar spec they use to get unlimited testing.

Next, there will be

HRT x 2
K-Mart x 2 run under John Faulkners franchise
HYL x 2 run under Rod Nash's franchise (was Team Brock)

Team Brock maybe dead...

#13 ·
ALso, the TWR promo car that people get taken rides in has the new front suspension and it does heaps of laps but it is not considered testing as the car runs on Bridgestone tyres not the Dunlops.

#14 ·
Driver said:
ALso, the TWR promo car that people get taken rides in has the new front suspension and it does heaps of laps but it is not considered testing as the car runs on Bridgestone tyres not the Dunlops.
and of course there wouldnt be any feedback coming from the car either...

yeh right :bang:

#15 ·
One of the latest rumours is that DJR, BJR and 00 will all run under 'FORD RACING' next year. They will keep their own sponsurs and run out of their own factorys but will share data amung their collective six, possibly seven cars....

Ford are deffinantly planning something big for the V8SC in 03' theres no doubt about that, what it is exaclty....well....who knows!

#17 ·
tickford2001 said:
and of course there wouldnt be any feedback coming from the car either...

yeh right :bang:

Hmmm, it's also odd that the 24hr Super Monaro which is supposedly production based (427ci engine, custom fabricated front & rear suspension - yeh right) has also managed to sprout a double arm front end!

Well I guess Gary Rogers Motorsport (they built it didn't they?) had to get some data and experience too.

#18 ·
At least it makes every ford win more and more meaningful.

The majority of my mates are holden supporters and when a holden wins they don't even bother bagging me out anymore! They have just become so bored with it. A ford wins and they actually get excited!

If I were in charge of Ford racing though, I wouldn't be whinging about what Holden is doing - because it doesn't work - I'd be looking to go one step further than them.

#20 ·
tx3dude said:
i think it sucks that our teams arnt doing anything similar. TWR is working within the rules ....why cant we?
MONEY!.....

and Loyalty to guys such as Brad Jones, Dick Johnson, and Steven Ellery....If Ford & FPV do what Holden & HSV have done, all these guys will be hung out to dry...

Data sharing is the best option, Theres no doubt...

#21 ·
OK, I got a great little solution.
Anyone know where the TWR offices are??
If you do, give me a PM and I will setlle the rest. My cousin works in the explosives industry
MWUAHAHAHAHA!!

Just kidding fellas.....I wouldn't do that.....

On a serious note, I think that the way to beat TWR is if the Ford guys work together in development and beat TWR at their own game. They're all Fords....so why not work together.

#25 ·
i have an idea, why dont ford(the MoCo not the race team) use the BARRA racecar that was at bathurst for testing at all the available tracks. then pass this data to all the ford teams. or if this isnt allowed by the rules, contract a separate copany to do the testing for them. this would in effect give them unlimited testing time right???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.