Ford Forums banner

V8 BRUtes

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  HSE2 
#1 ·
I watched the first round of the V8BRUtes.. and I must say that i am extremely dissapointed.

The biggest reason I am dissapointed is that the commentators are extremely biased towards holden.

They kept pointing out the commodore was a "Sensasional VU SS" where as the falcon was simply an "XR8"

They also kept rambling on how the holden handles better with its IRS and the falcon only has Live axle. (What a crock!!!! why do they use live axle in the supercars??)

They also said the commodores are faster than the falcons with 5.7L vs 5.0L .. well yeah that ones true...

And whenever the ford in lead fell behind or spun out, they said "Well about time .. thats another ford out of the way"

**** like that.. it started to annoy me that they where so biased towards holden, so i switched it off, and will never watch another series !!!! good one ProCar.. you have just lost another viewer.

#2 ·
i watched it last night on foxtel and i totally agree with you Jay. Who was that guy that kept crapping on about the "VU V8 Ute Mate". I only watched the first race and then turned it off. If i want to hear some tosser bragging about the VU Ute i'll go to the showroom (not).

#3 ·
Thread moved to the pits.. :s5

It is a crock aye Jay.. So much for commentating on the action without bias.. Great way to win people to the category..

#4 ·
Space Lord said:
If i want to hear some tosser bragging about the VU Ute i'll go to the showroom (not).
Or pick up any of the motoring mags..

#6 ·
Agree completly with what was said earlier in this thread but for those who turned off an XR8 won the second heat by a mile; so all's well that ends well!! (sort of!!)
PS I don't think Commo utes have IRS (never really looked at the specs of a Holden) but think its still the old live axel with panhard rod vs Falcon's leaf springs; which gives the Falcon superior load carrying.

#8 ·
all Commy's come with IRS, Ute, Wagon, Sedan.

#9 ·
I stand corrected, updated to IRS with the recently released model; what are they doing to equqlise the cubes difference between the LS1 & the 302?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.