V8 Brutes- Ford Screwed AGAIN (or still) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2002, 22:11   #1 (permalink)

V8 Brutes- Ford Screwed AGAIN (or still)

I was watching the V8 Brutes on TV yesterday and one of the commentators mentioned that as part of the parity rules Commo utes have been given a 250rpm rev limit INCREASE.

Last season (or was it this season??) Daryl Coon was penalised in his XR6 with a rev limit decrease.

What next??????

batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2002, 23:44   #2 (permalink)
Code Monkey

my understanding is that the commo's were detuned slightly and the ford beefed up a bit. nothing really to worry about i think we'll still kick their arse.
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 23:51   #3 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

I think they had that 250rpm taken away from them in the first place and now that the Fords are winning they gave it them back.

Close racing even with the increase.

Got to be the most entertaining racing in Australia, It's like a Demolition Derby
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:45   #4 (permalink)

The commodores had their rev limit reduced while the fords were given some freedoms to combat the fact that the commodore has the 5.7 vs the ford 5.0....
Parity parity parity,,,bs,bs,bs
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:57   #5 (permalink)
BOF

Coon was in production car and your comparing that to Brute utes? Thats like comparing The Gemini series to F1, your talking about a totally different class. People should remember that ford have been tuned and the Holdens detuned as has been said, the Ford has a 3.7:1 diff also vs the Holdens Factory job. If you want stock v stock utes as in XR8 v SS then the Ford would get hosed, hense the need for the performance mods to the Falcon and the decrease in revs for the Holden, it's all about close racing.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 04:39   #6 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Holden have IRS on thier ute no?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:15   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by BOF
Coon was in production car and your comparing that to Brute utes? Thats like comparing The Gemini series to F1, your talking about a totally different class. People should remember that ford have been tuned and the Holdens detuned as has been said, the Ford has a 3.7:1 diff also vs the Holdens Factory job. If you want stock v stock utes as in XR8 v SS then the Ford would get hosed, hense the need for the performance mods to the Falcon and the decrease in revs for the Holden, it's all about close racing.
I realise the difference in class between GTP and the V8 utes.
I didn't intend the post to sound like I was comparing Gemini series to F1.
Maybe I should have headed the second part of my post GTP

Just a general winge
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 16:35   #8 (permalink)

Fords have won nearly every BRute race so I guess they wanted to even things up a bit. I believe (I could be wrong) the rev limit increase for the Commodores is only for the one round.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:10   #9 (permalink)
Leafspring Owners Club

Can someone explain to be the approx. specs of the V8BRutes?
Old 07-18-2002, 16:04   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
Fords have won nearly every BRute race so I guess they wanted to even things up a bit. I believe (I could be wrong) the rev limit increase for the Commodores is only for the one round.
then why isnt it down in the V8 supercars?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe