V8 Rules - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 06:33   #1 (permalink)

V8 Rules

1 Who gets no.1 in the champ retires?
2 If someone was winning and went in to pit and came out 2nd, then the race was declared who would win? the driver in front or the first driver who has done all his complementery pits?
3 in enduros if the richards/longhurst car won (since they are not in the championship full time) would second place get the winning points or would the second amount of points be the best or would that cars regular driver get the points, same goes with the konicar in bathurst?
Roosters Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2004, 14:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: V8 Rules

1. Probably no-one would get it

2. Whoever was in front on the lap prior to the red flag coming out would win. Dosn't matter how many pitstops they had/havn't done

3. Not sure what you mean by Richards/Longhurst not being in the championship fulltime? they both are as far as I'm aware.
In regards to Konica drivers winning the 1000, they would get normal points I would assume
ZH_302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

By Q3 he mean if Jim Richards and Thomas Mazera paired up and won Bathurst or Sandown they get full points. It takes points away from the full time runners.
Old 03-24-2004, 15:55   #4 (permalink)

With number 2, Races are only declared if the races has past 75% race distance and as far as im aware the pit window is ALWAYS closed by then so the drivers would already made their compulsory stops.

Someone please correct me if im wrong.
2004 State Champion Best Ford 1991 on (Albury)
Sydney All Ford Day 2004 'Best Modern Vehicle'
2004 State Champion Best Ford 1991 on & State Champion Horsepower Naturally Aspirated 6 cyl. (Sydney)
gazza_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:40   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosters Fan
1 Who gets no.1 in the champ retires?
2 If someone was winning and went in to pit and came out 2nd, then the race was declared who would win? the driver in front or the first driver who has done all his complementery pits?
3 in enduros if the richards/longhurst car won (since they are not in the championship full time) would second place get the winning points or would the second amount of points be the best or would that cars regular driver get the points, same goes with the konicar in bathurst?
1. I'd say no-one gets it. The number 0 may be used rather than 1 in the event where a team may be entitled to 1 and 2. I think that was the case in F1 once. It's generally accepted the only person to wear number 1 is the person who earned it.

2. If the driver did not cross the line first ie their pit bay was before the start/finish line and the other driver crossed it first, then the other driver would get it if the rules stated the results are calculated from the last completed lap.

3. Wouldn't matter. the non-regular drivers would simply be way down in the points tally. Same happens in other motorsports. For example, at Japanese rounds of Superbikes, there are wildcard entry riders that pretty much own the track big time and beat the full time riders. They don't compete in other rounds, but take points away from the other riders.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe