V8 Supercar 2004 Silly Season - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 21:30   #1 (permalink)

V8 Supercar 2004 Silly Season

Ford Teams

* Ambrose will be racing with #1 (got confirmation from his website)

* FPR : Running 2 cars next year. Lowned and Seton will remain but as of Round 13 Eastern Creek 2003 David Besnard has officially lost his FPR seat (which he know for quite some time)

* Mark Winterbottom: Going to LMS, in case you didnt know (to replace Larko duh). Oh, and there getting a second BA to replace the AU

* Max Wilson : Going home to 888 Motorsport, car #66

* Warren Luff : To DJR car #18

* Russel Ingall : Staying at SBR to see out his 3 year contract, despite his Eastern Creek disgrace to the championship team and his efforts over powering Ambrose's championship win in the headlines

Holden Teams

*Castrol Perkins Engineering (Racing) will be blown out to a 4 car team, well sort of. The drivers list will include Steven Richards, Paul Dumbrell, Tony Longhurst and Anthony Tratt.

Castrol Perkins will effectively be a 3 car team, where Richards, Dumbrell and Longhurst will race Castrol sponsored VY's, while Tratt will remain in a Rod Nash, Toll Ipec sponsored car, but be running from Larry Perkins Engineering workshop.

Who knows, maybe Larry is hoping to change to Castrol Toll Ipec Perkins Engineering one day!! lol

* Cameron McConville : To GRM car #33 (which will be a VY)

* Skaife has possibly appiled for number #22 for HRT, making HRT #2 and #22.

It is thought Skaife has also applied for #111, which has left AVESCO to ponder on whether or not Skaife will be allowed to have that number as they are trying to limit the numbers to 2 digits (possibly due to timing monitors) - with exemption for John Bowe's #888 and Teams Kiwis #021 of course

It'll be interesting to see what he ends up with.

* Team Brock is no more (In V8 Supercars anyway). Brock has pulled out of V8 Supercars and headed to Procar to race Team Brock Monaro's. The old Team Brock has been sold to Paul Weel and become Paul Weel Racing. As a result of Peter saying goodbye, Betta Electrical has pulled out of sponsorship of the Commodores (but they are still sponsoring 888 Motorsport Falcons) thus ...

* Jason Bright will be staying with PWR, despite that fact that Brock and Betta have left the team

* Lansvale Smash Repairs is staying with Holden as they are building a VY. Alex Yoong is rumored to be driving for them this season

* Jason Richards has confirmed that he is staying with Team Dynamik

Other Rumors

* The round in China has come under some questioning, as AVESCO is experiencing some trouble from China. The problems have yet to be announced but some rumors state:

- Promotional difficulties
- The track might not be able to cater the V8 Supercars as once thought
- The track is still under construction preventing its use for ANY motorsport

thus ...

* It is rumored that a return to Phillip Island in May could replace China, or a 2nd NZ round, or a 3rd round at Eastern Creek.

* AVSECO is apparently interested in having a round in the US.

Drivers Still Without a Drive
As far as we know ...

*David Besnard (going to Holden as a last resort??)
*Jamie Whincup (to Konica's?)

... still dont have a seat, or they havent said where their going.

This is from the Vee Eight Thunder Forums: http://www.forums4free.net/v8fans/index.php?act=idx

Last edited by Mickcals; 01-15-2004 at 21:36.
Mickcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2004, 22:36   #2 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

Re: V8 Supercar 2004 Silly Season

That all sounds like everything I've heard too and seems factual so far. Thanks for putting all the bits and pieces together in one place :)
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 23:21   #3 (permalink)

yep sounds like silly season talk to me,that china rumour is screaming louder n louder the more i hear about it,dunno why we even committed to it with these type of doubts.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

China is not looking good for us or F1 at the moment but avesco cannot bring back Phillip Island due to the reason the cancelled the round avesco said the "saftey features" of the track were not good enough but a 3rd round at the creak is stupid as i see it bring on china if it is ready if not bring a new street race to either NZ or Tas?? be god to see another round in aus before NZ
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:58   #5 (permalink)

Has anyone heard anything about the OZEMAIL sponsorship of BJR. Heard that further merchandise was being heavily discounted at the summernats. I picked up heaps of OZEMAIL stuff at Eastern Creek and then got heaps more bought for me for Christmas.

Is the Testra Bigpond sponsorship of certain events/series pushing them to the outer?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:34   #6 (permalink)
MrT

interesting about ozemail... discussions were first of Jan and still no word. I read on ten tenths that BJ said that it isn't finalised till mid jan.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:26   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcals
Drivers Still Without a Drive
As far as we know ...

*David Besnard (going to Holden as a last resort??)
As far as I know Bezzy is going to drive for SBR in the enduros next year. He's a Ford man & wants to stay that way apparantly..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 13:22   #8 (permalink)

3 rounds at Eastern creek? thats a screwed up idea
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 18:00   #9 (permalink)

I don't think SBR and Ambrose would mind too much having 3 Eastern Creek rounds!!!!!! If Fords keep winning there, then I don't mind at all.
Old 01-16-2004, 20:06   #10 (permalink)

I could see that Besnard and Ingall - the Caltex twins ha ha, now thats a good combo.

Ozemail and BJR - i ve heard about this, but not much. I cant imagine BJR with anyother sponsor but Ozemail. Without the Ozemail sponsorshop i doubt that BJR will be able to keep John Bowe and he ll have to join another team (hopefully an established team not like the CAT Racing he went to after his stint with DJR)
Mickcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe