* Ambrose will be racing with #1 (got confirmation from his website)
* FPR : Running 2 cars next year. Lowned and Seton will remain but as of Round 13 Eastern Creek 2003 David Besnard has officially lost his FPR seat (which he know for quite some time)
* Mark Winterbottom: Going to LMS, in case you didnt know (to replace Larko duh). Oh, and there getting a second BA to replace the AU
* Max Wilson : Going home to 888 Motorsport, car #66
* Warren Luff : To DJR car #18
* Russel Ingall : Staying at SBR to see out his 3 year contract, despite his Eastern Creek disgrace to the championship team and his efforts over powering Ambrose's championship win in the headlines
*Castrol Perkins Engineering (Racing) will be blown out to a 4 car team, well sort of. The drivers list will include Steven Richards, Paul Dumbrell, Tony Longhurst and Anthony Tratt.
Castrol Perkins will effectively be a 3 car team, where Richards, Dumbrell and Longhurst will race Castrol sponsored VY's, while Tratt will remain in a Rod Nash, Toll Ipec sponsored car, but be running from Larry Perkins Engineering workshop.
Who knows, maybe Larry is hoping to change to Castrol Toll Ipec Perkins Engineering one day!! lol
* Cameron McConville : To GRM car #33 (which will be a VY)
* Skaife has possibly appiled for number #22 for HRT, making HRT #2 and #22.
It is thought Skaife has also applied for #111, which has left AVESCO to ponder on whether or not Skaife will be allowed to have that number as they are trying to limit the numbers to 2 digits (possibly due to timing monitors) - with exemption for John Bowe's #888 and Teams Kiwis #021 of course
It'll be interesting to see what he ends up with.
* Team Brock is no more (In V8 Supercars anyway). Brock has pulled out of V8 Supercars and headed to Procar to race Team Brock Monaro's. The old Team Brock has been sold to Paul Weel and become Paul Weel Racing. As a result of Peter saying goodbye, Betta Electrical has pulled out of sponsorship of the Commodores (but they are still sponsoring 888 Motorsport Falcons) thus ...
* Jason Bright will be staying with PWR, despite that fact that Brock and Betta have left the team
* Lansvale Smash Repairs is staying with Holden as they are building a VY. Alex Yoong is rumored to be driving for them this season
* Jason Richards has confirmed that he is staying with Team Dynamik
* The round in China has come under some questioning, as AVESCO is experiencing some trouble from China. The problems have yet to be announced but some rumors state:
- Promotional difficulties
- The track might not be able to cater the V8 Supercars as once thought
- The track is still under construction preventing its use for ANY motorsport
* It is rumored that a return to Phillip Island in May could replace China, or a 2nd NZ round, or a 3rd round at Eastern Creek.
* AVSECO is apparently interested in having a round in the US.
Drivers Still Without a Drive
As far as we know ...
*David Besnard (going to Holden as a last resort??)
*Jamie Whincup (to Konica's?)
... still dont have a seat, or they havent said where their going.
This is from the Vee Eight Thunder Forums: http://www.forums4free.net/v8fans/index.php?act=idx