V8 Supercars - Sport or Soap opera - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2003, 02:18   #1 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

V8 Supercars - Sport or Soap opera

For me the officials are running what is the best tin top series in the world in the most in ept fashion I have ever seen.

They are consistently inconsistent, and are making decisions for the purpose of entertainment value soley. I thought the ATCC was a competitive sport not an episode of WWF

Today we saw safety cars on two occasions which where completely unneccessary, and then they restart Race 2 while they are still moving Whincupp's car of the main straight infront of the leaders. All just so we could see the cars race 1 whole lap.

They did this at barbagello as well restarting the race with Ellery's car still on it's roof in turn 1 for 1 lap.

Honestly, whoever is making the calls in the Stewards office should be sacked, I am all for fair driving and beleive penalties should be issued when rules which effect the outcome of a race have been broken, but to give Tander a drive through for passing Noske(a lapped car mind u) on the restart was ridiculous.

Throw in a points sytem which is somehow allowing Bright to win the title without winning a race and you have a recipe for disaster.

Something needs to be done about the standard of officiating in the ATCC, because as it is I am loving the racing, but the officials are making me turn off because of the stupidity of the rules and how they are applyed. Now an overtaking manouvere is more risky because you may get a penalty rather than because you could crash, and with the insanity of the points system even if you finish third or fourth you are only dropping 8-10 points on the winner anyway, and making a move is not worth the risk of penalty or damage for the sake of 4 points anyway.

IT RACING FFS LET THEM RACE

Am I alone, or is everyone sick of the stupidity of officials in this country ruining what is otherwise some of the closest and most entertaining racing anywhere in the world today.

To me the stewards use the safety car for entertainment purposes only to bunch up the field if one driver has a lead on the rest or to cause carnage at the back of the field on restarts when everyone get's a rush of blood so the spectator can see some stacks.

FFS get it right

Soz for the rant
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2003, 02:55   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Re: V8 Supercars - Sport or Soap opera

Yes, I am in adamant agreeance that the new points sysem needs an overhaul. I think that the points should be arrangined in a sort of exponential curve (if you know what I mean). That way it would have more points for a win, and the winners of the series (Marcos Ambrose, namely) actually lead the chapion ship when they have place well and won 4/6 rounds. This points system is all about consistancy. The old was all about winning. We need a mixture of both to get the best points system.

That's POV anyway.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:14   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Must admit.. The restart for the last lap of race 2 had me wondering WTF was going on. For once I agree with Garry Rogers, the Tander/Noske incident is something that needs to be looked at for sure.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:48   #4 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

I wonder what will happen about that Barg's spinaround on the last lap on race 3.. I bet he wasn't happy.

And to see a friggin "YoYota" on the track when v8 superscars come past to restart are race really makes the officials and the race catagory itself look pretty dumb...
Old 06-29-2003, 04:55   #5 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

i would say it was the most farcical incident i have seen in years.

i think the remedy to the points issue would be to massively reduce the amount of points awarded each round, it's round 6 and Brighty has over 1000 points already.

When you only get 4 more points for winning than second place, it makes closing the gap pretty difficult, and with a reduced points offering a dnf would not mean the end of the season for the driver
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:55   #6 (permalink)
Movin!

It was quite a joke when the tow truck was just pulling into pit lane when the restart was happening, quite dangerous.

As far as points sytem, i'm sure the season will lose a lot of credibility if Bright wins the c'ship through taking out 2nd and 3rd places, what happened to rewarding the winner? Only seems fair to have more points for winning, after all they have done the hardest work and being the best driver/car/team in the series.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:03   #7 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Yeah I have to agree, the restart of race 2 for 1 lap was a complete circus,
Old 06-29-2003, 05:54   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

yeah i agree bout the point system.....4 outta 6 and he is third it is really rooted......as 4 the incidents i only saw 1 the 1 of race 2 that was stupid......oh well
A Reale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:45   #9 (permalink)
goooone

It's getting more & more ridiculous the standards of the offials is way below the standard of the series now
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:02   #10 (permalink)
More horsepower required

The restart of race 2 was a total and utter ballsup , and the points sytem is in dire need of being adjusted . The winner should be given a greater margin than that of second.
Fordhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe