Ford Forums banner

V8 Superstars

3K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  Mr Jucy 
#1 ·
The guys are back on the panel at 1130pm friday night CH10 (Perth ppls).
Lets hope there is some discussion and answers to why the F**k these cars are still racing.

Has Skaife and them got there REAL VY's ready yet?

#5 ·
He said something along the lines of beeing curious as to what Ford would do if they were in the same situation. Also rambled on about something else i can't quite recall.

To me I dont really care that much. I dont see that beeing owned by holden will make HRT any better. But what's happening is still against the rules.

#6 ·
Yeah i watched it and it really reaffirmed in my mind how much i dislike skaife. :nk: :beatup: :bash:

Ingall is legend however!! :cheer:

I was a litte creeped out by that comment with jones and the condom thing.... :twitch:

The avesco chairman dished out a few good ones though!!
Some very valid things were raised and i throughly enjoyed it, glad i stayed up till 1:15pm for it to finish!

#7 ·
A few things i noticed.. Skaife still does not know how to answer a question put to him and both he and Murph still thinkk that the AU was equal in the parity debate. If anyone talks about anything that Skaife is opposed to, he just howls them down with paltry attempts at humour and sarcasm. Unfortunately, it seems that Murph is beginning to act the same way and that is disappointing.

The worst thing is they know how they've got to the top and are completely smug about it. They almost slap the other drivers and teams and the spectator and TV Viewer in the face with it knowing full well that the powers that be have no intention of doing anything about it as we have seen so far...

#8 ·
I watched the first half hour and switched off. Basically everyone was trying to be a comedian and take cheap shots at each other. Didn't hear too many straight answers that's for sure. If the drivers would just answer the questions and not constantly try to bait each other it'd be a lot better. Lowndesy and Jason Richards were OK but the rest were a pain in the arse, Skaife being the worst offender trying to dominate every discussion. He is a dead set wanker and always has been. Looking forward to seeing him DNF both races this weekend (as I do every race weekend).

Just on the subject of Wanker and Murf (Wankers apprentice) insisting there was nothing wrong with the AU, some input from Bargs would have been interesting. He's the only guy who has driven any meaningful distance in an AU after driving a Holden last year.

Kick arse, Ford.........

#9 ·
Handbag Murphy at it again. Ingall had some points to make & all he did was howl him down.
Skaife I have time for (when he has something to say), but Murph is No. 1 wanker in my books atm.

#11 ·
I agree, Skaife doesnt give anyone a fair go at what they are saying. When some has something to say, he butts in says his piece with sarcasm and smart arse remarks. He is cluey, but i think the size of his mouth rivals that snozz....
It was a joy seeing Tony Cochrane giving him some curry too, and i think everyone within Holden circles are very rapidly losing respect for their arrogance!

#12 ·
Unfortunately we don't get this in NZ, not many people know how much of a tosser Skaife is. From what you guys have said, it looks like Murph is heading down the same road... Wonder how different the Kiwi publics view of him would be if they knew, he's kind of regarded as NZ's gift to Supercars over here.

Apart from that, it sounds like wonderful entertainment! Anyone want to send me a tape??

:s6:

#14 ·
skaife showed us why they call him a wanker, thats for sure, he couldnt give a straight answer to anything and every time ingall was asked a question & was trying to answer it skaife would pipe up about sumthing totally unrelated & try and be funny.

on the parity issue, murph said HRT won because they are a "better team" & thats why they won, ingal responded with that if a ford team was just as equal a team they couldnt win because they had a disadvantage with the downforce,
this is were murph really annoyed me because he could accept or even list to ingals response.

anyway thats my 2bob

#17 ·
I feel sorry for the decent blokes on that show, who are switched on and have a go at saying their bit, only to be shot down in immature fashion by the likes of the big nose man.

For example, nearly ever time brad jones had something to say it was worthwile saying, but it only ever eventuated in someone else taking stage from him and payin him out, which imo was not necessary :((

#18 ·
I thought Superstars was good, especially Craig Lowndes' new look :D

But Skaife, he just would not keep his mouth shut! Some of the things he was saying he was taking beyond a joke, he should stop thinking he is King Sh!t and realise he is no better than anyone else on that panel.

#21 ·
I really enjoyed the show, didnt even know it was on, just stumbled on to it.

Loved the part where murph was "explaining" how the best team won last year and that there was no difference in parity, then larko piped up and asked "if the AU had the same downforce as the VT/X would HRT have still been the best team?", the following facial expression of defeat from murph was awesome....well worth watching.

One thing I really hated was how, just cos ingall is new to ford (a defector) skaife and murph didnt let him say anything without trying to put him down.

I was looking forward to the shit that the enforcer would lay down to skaife.

Anyone got an email addy for ingall...I guess its about time we showed him the path to the true blue heaven that is FF.

#22 ·
Is it just me, or does Skaife feel the need to look like an intellectual wanker in 9 out of 10 of his interviews?? He always puts on the glasses and tries to cram as many 'big' words into a sentence as possible. And lose the condescending tone mate - only you think you are top shit and above the rest of us.
Shame to see Murphy going down the same road - must just be inevitable if you sit in a Holden too long!!
I enjoyed the V8 Superstars show and would love to go to a taping - does anyone know how you get tickets??

2003 - Time for Ford to kick some Holden butt!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.