V8 Superstars - Parity/HRT dominance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2002, 00:04   #1 (permalink)

V8 Superstars - Parity/HRT dominance

It seems that Brad Jones is the only one that knows what's going on. They were talking about parity and how unfair things are for Ford at the moment and how HRT are so dominent etc etc. All the others want some sort of blanket rule or modification to allow the Fords to "catch up". Brad says that he agrees that HRT are dominent due to a combination of driver skill and excellent engineering but the next best V8 Supercar team is SBR. We have seen Ambrose take the lead from Skaife a few times but it mostly seems to end in tears due to a mechanical failure/ driver error/ pit crew error/insert other reason. If all the Fords were given a rule or mod then chances are we'd have another HRT/Skaife on our hands with the one guy/team winning all the time and that would be bad for racing. Cochrane hinted that some sort of change is in the wind as they can't let HRT/MS win all the time as it isn't fair to the other manufacturer or their sponsers. He wouldn't elaborate more than that though Crompton said he and Rick Kelly have been doing some testing under the supervision of AVESCO to see if there are any differences between the two cars.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 03:30   #2 (permalink)

Rather than crompton and Kelly, they really should use Skaife and Ambrose to do the testing,, and then swap cars.....
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 05:01   #3 (permalink)
Code Monkey

why? crompton would have more technical knowledge then kelly. and the kmart is a hrt clone. so there getting ambrose and skaife to do it and swap cars wouldnt benefit anyone
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 16:40   #4 (permalink)
Au's Gotta Lov'em

Re: V8 Superstars - Parity/HRT dominance

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
It seems that Brad Jones is the only one that knows what's going on. They were talking about parity and how unfair things are for Ford at the moment and how HRT are so dominent etc etc. All the others want some sort of blanket rule or modification to allow the Fords to "catch up". Brad says that he agrees that HRT are dominent due to a combination of driver skill and excellent engineering but the next best V8 Supercar team is SBR. We have seen Ambrose take the lead from Skaife a few times but it mostly seems to end in tears due to a mechanical failure/ driver error/ pit crew error/insert other reason. If all the Fords were given a rule or mod then chances are we'd have another HRT/Skaife on our hands with the one guy/team winning all the time and that would be bad for racing. Cochrane hinted that some sort of change is in the wind as they can't let HRT/MS win all the time as it isn't fair to the other manufacturer or their sponsers. He wouldn't elaborate more than that though Crompton said he and Rick Kelly have been doing some testing under the supervision of AVESCO to see if there are any differences between the two cars.
I think that you missed the point that the others panel members where also stating which was that Ambrose and the other Ford drivers are driving at 110% to catch TWR. Driving that hard will always place more stress on components, the driver, the crew and especially the tyres.
Some people have also said (proven with race stats) that when Ambrose got close to Skaife (who was obviously driving at about 90%) just stopped playing fox and put 8/10s sec gap between them on the very next lap.
So yes I think that Ford will get and deserve a parity adjustment and become more competetive. I believe it will be an extension on the front of the front splitter to gain more down force therefore better grip in cornering.
Old 08-05-2002, 19:45   #5 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

I checked out the drivers points table and wondered what it would look like if you took out the HRT cars.

1. Marcos Ambrose - Ford
2. Steven Richards - Holden
3. Craig Lowdes - Ford
4. David Besnard - Ford
5. Garth Tander - Holden
6. Tony Longhurst - Holden
7. Russell Ingall - Holden
8. John Bowe - Ford
9. Steven Johnston - Ford
10. Jason Bargwanna - Holden

So looking at this I would say that there is no problem with the Holden vs Ford parity, the only issue is the dominance of HRT. But I would rather see another Ford (or another Holden team) stand up to the plate and compete with HRT on their own merits, rather than penalise HRT for doing things right.

Victory will be that much sweeter and not hollow.

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
------

Re: Re: V8 Superstars - Parity/HRT dominance

Quote:
Originally posted by AU_Steve

I think that you missed the point that the others panel members where also stating which was that Ambrose and the other Ford drivers are driving at 110% to catch TWR. Driving that hard will always place more stress on components, the driver, the crew and especially the tyres.
Some people have also said (proven with race stats) that when Ambrose got close to Skaife (who was obviously driving at about 90%) just stopped playing fox and put 8/10s sec gap between them on the very next lap.
So yes I think that Ford will get and deserve a parity adjustment and become more competetive. I believe it will be an extension on the front of the front splitter to gain more down force therefore better grip in cornering.
This is what bugs me, Skaife does nothing, He just has to peacfully steer around the track as if he was taking John Howard for a test drive And still gets all this credit...

He doesnt deserve anything! (arrogant prick)

Go RAT!
Old 08-06-2002, 01:02   #7 (permalink)
goooone

Grunter Longhurst drives a Ford
sadly
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 01:17   #8 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jucy
Grunter Longhurst drives a Ford
sadly
Thats fine Holden can claim him.:s6:
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 16:07   #9 (permalink)
Au's Gotta Lov'em

Quote:
Originally posted by Grunter
I checked out the drivers points table and wondered what it would look like if you took out the HRT cars.

1. Marcos Ambrose - Ford
2. Steven Richards - Holden
3. Craig Lowdes - Ford
4. David Besnard - Ford
5. Garth Tander - Holden
6. Tony Longhurst - Holden
7. Russell Ingall - Holden
8. John Bowe - Ford
9. Steven Johnston - Ford
10. Jason Bargwanna - Holden

So looking at this I would say that there is no problem with the Holden vs Ford parity, the only issue is the dominance of HRT. But I would rather see another Ford (or another Holden team) stand up to the plate and compete with HRT on their own merits, rather than penalise HRT for doing things right.

Victory will be that much sweeter and not hollow.
Stay with me with this one, I know it is a thinking outside the box but here we go.
What if it is proven that Ford has less downforce on the front than the commodore. If true and Ford gets its parity adjustment (much deserved I think) and Ford ends up being competetive and even beating HRT (TWR). What of the other Holden teams.
If Ford (all teams) do improve and the Top ten in the last rounds after the adjustment end up to be dominated by Ford with only the TWR cars being the only Holdens to feature (This after it is proven that the cars are are now close (closer) parity wise). Would that mean that the most Ford teams have bean developing their cars equal of that of TWR and the other Holden teams are more then struggling and need help. Would this then justify Ford HQ's idea of equal parts development and help to all level 1 teams and will this then force Holden to better support the other Holden teams to make them more competetive.
To sum up this ramble. If this is the case and this year could have being a close battle for the championship if the adjustment was carried out earlier in the year, I WILL NOT BE HAPPY JAN. The AU racer has deserved much better.
PS If this does happen I will bye HRT their bloody Coffee machine.
Old 08-06-2002, 16:27   #10 (permalink)

it should be a whole new ballgame next season with the ba coming in. by the time any ajustment now is implemented, the season will be over.
XR8MICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe