What Should We Do As Ford Supporters?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2003, 12:50   #1 (permalink)

What Should We Do As Ford Supporters??

im sick and tired of hearing HRT has done this HRTs done that they should be banned in the interest of the sport. dd you guys notice that if HRT were to be removed from the qualifying grid from the race in melbourne it would be ingall on pole ...followed by a holden ... then a ford... then a holden.....i am refusing to watch a supercar round till this crap is fixed. but this will acheive F*&K ALL if tega doesnt know about it. im going to write an email to tega stating just how disgusted i am with their poor form. does any one have an email address/contact point???? i urge all of you to do the same.
tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2003, 14:03   #2 (permalink)

Who cares! It's just an exhibition race anyhow. It's not like Holden actually owning the team is going to make them go faster or anything.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I HAVE spoken. I only watch NASCAR now. We won at Las Vegas (go Roush Racing!!!! ) last weekend.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

But they're testing illegally, doing wind tunnel tests illegally...
And about holden owning the team - I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FORK IF IT MAKES THEM FASTER OR NOT!!! IT'S THE RULES, AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE BROKEN!!!!!
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 15:10   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Okay - simple answer. Invade the track and protest against HRT by blockading their pits. As for me, I'm not even going to pay the b@st@rds an entry fee to an event. I don't want to encourage them!

Which brings up a plausible action. All Ford fans should NOT attend any meetings until this HRT issue is addressed. Hurt the SOBs in the pocket which is the only language they understand. Watch it for free on ten.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 15:36   #6 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Last year was the first year since 1989 that I didn't go to a touring car round, & you know what? I didn't miss it at all. I also didn't buy any merchandise or even pay much attention to the results of each round.

I miss the pre-HRT days. There's no way in hell I'll be giving my hard earned cash to the TEGA/AVESCO clowns again.

You may say I'm just a bad loser, but last time I checked the sport was supposed to be run on a parity formula. One team dominating for the last 6 years (bar 1997 when Lowndes went overseas) isn't parity. As far as I'm conerned HRT can have the sport if they want it. If project blueprint doesn't work I'd be happy for Ford to once again pull their money out & spend it on something worthwhile. The HRT sheep will still go the races & buy their jackets with or without Ford.
Old 03-06-2003, 17:05   #7 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Q: What Should We Do As Ford Supporters??

A: Put all your energy into supporting Ford and their teams, rather than bitching about the competition.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 17:13   #8 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Hobbes, I can see where you're coming from. If Ford had dominated for the last 6 years it would be fun to go to a Holden board & gloat.

Saying that, you can't seriously tell me that having one team SO much faster than the rest of the field is good for the sport. Its not a Holden thing, its a HRT thing. The rest of the Holden teams are no better than the Ford teams.
Old 03-06-2003, 17:16   #9 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
Q: What Should We Do As Ford Supporters??

A: Put all your energy into supporting Ford and their teams, rather than bitching about the competition.
You friggen wait till ford do something underhanded, and then start winning. After five or more years oof various cheeting tactics, I think you be PISSED OFF too.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 18:04   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ford.boy
You friggen wait till ford do something underhanded, and then start winning. After five or more years oof various cheeting tactics, I think you be PISSED OFF too.
Why don't the ford teams do the same thing? if they are punished all they have to do is take it to court, prove that thre is a precedent for them being able to get away with it by HRT getting away with the same thing, therefore the punishment cannot be applied and they too have gotten away with it.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe