When must they upgrade? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 15:50   #1 (permalink)
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff

When must they upgrade?

Hi just reading the article on larry perkins, which says that dumbrell will race a vx til mid year, I was wondering if there was any rules regarding when they must move from vx-vy and au-ba. Is there any because I thought a year would be long enough for them to do that.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2004, 16:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: When must they upgrade?

So far as I am aware it is a 'two-year' lead time. That will effectively allow for Perkins to run a VX this year.
Old 01-12-2004, 22:55   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Same as what I have heard. Simple rule is when they go to VY they canny go back!
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 23:09   #4 (permalink)

and was it last year or last year in the Konica's they have/had to have Au's or Vx's
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 13:57   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM
Same as what I have heard. Simple rule is when they go to VY they canny go back!
Yeah but it is only the engine (Aurora/HMS whatever) they were originally talking about. The Blueprint rules are designed for the BA and full VY car and not a hybrid.

Holden teams were not allowed to run a VY with a VX engine this year but have been given an extension. So Holden can run a VX, a VY with the Chev engine again or a VY with the Aurora engine.

Ford Focus: The car that flies :s6:
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 14:33   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I thought for this season they ALL had to be running either a BA or VY no hybrids or anything.
Old 01-13-2004, 16:48   #7 (permalink)

"I thought for this season they ALL had to be running either a BA or VY no hybrids or anything."

no that would be to close to fair

tx3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 19:21   #8 (permalink)

See HERE for eligablility of AU/VX vehicles. Note link leads to *.pdf file

Last edited by Perana XR8; 01-13-2004 at 19:34.
Perana XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 20:54   #9 (permalink)

2005 - V8 Supercar Series: VY and BA ONLY
2005 - Konica Series: VX, VY, AU and BA

I think.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 22:14   #10 (permalink)

There were a couple of articles in Auto Action late last year that i noticed. Firstly the one stating that Holden can now indefinitely keep their 18-degree Chevrolet engines and continue to use them in their cars. So now the Holden teams have a choice on what engine they want to use. Yes i know that once they change to the new engine they cant go back to the old one, but it still gives them an advanage for the time being to chose what one puts out more horsepower for them.

But on the same page there was an article saying that some Ford teams (they hinted at SBR) are investigating using a new High Port cylinder heads used in US racing for them to use over here.
However Holden Motorsport boss Ray Borrett seems to have had a whinge about it saying "Project Blueprint has now been signed off and agreed, and there should be no changes to that because we now have mechanical equivalence"

But correct me if im wrong but the way i read it is that Project Blueprint was changed for Holden so they could keep running their old 18-Degree Chevrolet engines that were supposed to be fazed out at the end of the year. But when it comes to Ford wanting to change something they have a big whinge. Why cant Ford get a new Cylinder head as well seeing that the one currently used has been around since the category started in 1993? I know Holden got their new engine to supposably get mechanical equivalence, but the speed at which Murphy went around Bathurst i dont think there was a problem with the old engine at all.
manwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe