The Whinge Pit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2002, 01:06   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The Whinge Pit

The Whinge Pit
This used to be the area for motorsports discussion, but recently all that has gone on in here lately has been people whinging, so it has been renamed appropriately

Ain't that the truth!! Where I come from supporters, support through thick and thin without whining their tits off about it (with apologies to those members who have... u know). Furthermore supporters don't knock those who are trying their absolute best to provide them with the victory they desire. But then that is the joy of being an armchair expert - you don't have to put your balls or reputation on the line.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2002, 01:22   #2 (permalink)

All true Russell, but I am sure it was you that mentioned something about the constitution in Australia and free speech.

Unless I am wrong and I am happy to be corrected it isn't the place of a BB to govern the content of speech unless it goes against the forum rules. While constant bitching or moaning might be unpalatable to the majority lets be realistic about this for a moment.

Motorsport is a very passionate past time and in times like this people are going to want to vent anger and frustraion. Whinging about whinging is what?

By definition discussion is just that. You take the good and the bad and in times like this the bad is going to out weigh the good.
Have your say and maintain the standard, dont exaggerate and certainly don't claim the sport to be something it isn't unless you can prove it. In other words the rigged and cheating claims don't work unless they can be substanciated with fact
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:32   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Agreed Ian but some of the posts in the Whinge Pit have gone very close to crossing the line when they question the efforts of and make unsubstantiated and/or insulting statements about, individuals who may not be in a position to respond.

I'll be the last onhe to intefere with freedom of speech but there is a line somewhere in the sand that we are getting very close to crossing IMO.

But, at the end of the day, it ain't my call.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:43   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by russellw
Agreed Ian but some of the posts in the Whinge Pit have gone very close to crossing the line when they question the efforts of and make unsubstantiated and/or insulting statements about, individuals who may not be in a position to respond.

I'll be the last onhe to intefere with freedom of speech but there is a line somewhere in the sand that we are getting very close to crossing IMO.

But, at the end of the day, it ain't my call.
Can't argue with that. Too Wise U R 4 me and I agree will your call
Old 06-11-2002, 01:52   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I have only once had a go at Ford. Thius was out of sheer frustration and a spur of the moment thing. of course I could have edited afterwards, but I didn't feel I should. And of course I didn't maintain that train of thought, as I said it was a spur of the moment thing.

Sure this is the whinge pit, but using a name such as this is like intcing poeple to whinge. If you have a problem about something this is the official place to do so, and therefore I see the credibility of this area to go as low as the name.

I suggest it should be changed back to the pits, but I'll leave that up to the moderators to decide.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:55   #6 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

The Whinge Pit... hehe, you funny people! :s3

Does this mean I can put my whingings directed at my better half in here as well? :bs2:

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:56   #7 (permalink)

DK sense of humour is at play so i think you might see a name return sometime down the track
Old 06-11-2002, 01:56   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
I suggest it should be changed back to the pits, but I'll leave that up to the moderators to decide.
It will be, I changed it temporarily as a joke
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
DK sense of humour is at play so i think you might see a name return sometime down the track
DONUT KING, have a sense of humor *splutters* but thats not possible!!!!
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 02:05   #10 (permalink)
GTHO4

LOL!! love it! leave it permanately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe