Ford Forums banner

Whinging Scaife again....

3K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  tamer 
#1 ·
Reading the Herald Sun this morning, Scaifey now claims he has a back injury. Its funny how when he has a bad run, he'll blame something after the bad result.....

#5 ·
I just saw on Ten Skaife was getting treatment for his back troubles and they mentioned he has compressed discs in his spine from a previous crash.

:shrug:

#8 ·
Yes but how come you never hear about thing's like this espcially in the past 6yrs of his winning but now the competition heat's up, it is an excuse, I'm not doubting he has back trouble, most of the driver's probably do but for him to enhance his problem now,it's so funny just like poor old Murph and his trouble's at the Creek in last yr's final round, come on fella's, everybody has problem's it's the way they whinge about them that's funny.

#9 ·
for a person with no feeling in his leg he was doing alright to be driving a v8 at over 240 n pull it up in time...

anyways i believe everything skaife has said is 50/50 abit like murphy in the last round of last year..

#11 ·
hoon69 said:
for a person with no feeling in his leg he was doing alright to be driving a v8 at over 240 n pull it up in time...
You must of watched a different race than I did. There was a lot of times he didnt pull the car up and keep on going! LOL

I would be more inclined to think the Murphy was faking his back injury last year than Skaife was this morning.

Skaife might not be the most loved driver but he has guts and determination. He always trys his hardest.

#12 ·
Jamie XR6 said:
Skaife might not be the most loved driver but he has guts and determination. He always trys his hardest.
But when his hardest isn't fast enough, he rams and pushes and be's an absolute dickhead on the track. Every now and then 10 showed Skaife in a pack and all he was doing was bumping the car in front trying to get through. It was alright for him when HRT were ahead of the pack with the best performance but now everyone has caught up and he must accept he isn't the best anymore, back injury or not.

I think it's best he shut up and concentrated on his racing, I wanna see more Ambrose/Ingall/Skaife and Murphy duals. I believe that if Skaife had won, he wouldn't be feeling as much back pain.

#13 ·
Skaifeys sore back...

After an hour of deliberation the final outcome is ready for the public...
His sore back was from rocking backwards & forwards trying to make his car go faster to catch Ambrose...
Surprisingly it didnt work... Maybe next time.

#14 ·
No_Boundries said:
But when his hardest isn't fast enough, he rams and pushes and be's an absolute dickhead on the track.
I agree with you there!

It does seem that when he is down he tries to take as many people with him as he can.

#15 ·
Re: Skaifeys sore back...

LMAO!

what about 7 laps under HAHAHAHA all the holden ppl are trading in their flags for our blue oval!

#17 ·
Re: Skaifeys sore back...

man, that's a classic!

not to say that i dont believe him, infact i do. most racers have bad backs, and it was no secret how bad hrt were mechanically, so i think he'd have no reason to lie.

however in a situation like murph's... that was suspect.

#20 ·
Well assuming it was in the sunday times as Fordy said, he was obviously quoted sometime *before* sunday (if its anything like the sun herald is would have been friday - you can get sun heralds from about 5pm saturday).
So I think giving him stick over it is just ridiculous.
Personally, I like him (have done since GTR days), and I think he cops an unreasonable amount of crap, especially here. I suspect that some people here would be the same people who boo the winner of a race (it seems like a lot of holden guys do this to ford winners) - which I find disgusting.

#22 ·
I've never liked Mark "I have a big nose and cry when I don't win" Skaife much at all. I think he's not lying about the back problems though. Thats not the type of thing he crys about when he loses. He's more likely to cry about his car, about how HRT is functioning, and cry to TEGA, CAMS and AVESCO then anything else.

#23 ·
AU II SR said:
I thought Todd Kelly would of had a sore back after hitting the wall yesterday. Maybe the boss wanted an excuse for his poor form!
After watching the pre-race interview with Skaife yesterday I think he was not lying this time. He really did look like he was not well at all.

#25 ·
pauljh74 said:
All that extra weight in his nose must put extra strain on his back
:rofl: good one mate!

XR8 Lamah said:
I think he cops an unreasonable amount of crap,
And so he should, he is a dickhead and is disliked by many Ford & some Holden supporters. I personally think that he is not the best driver and even in his championship days the lack of challengers was a major contribute. See how many championships he'll win now that everybody is close. He'll be lucky to win 1

#26 ·
No_Boundries said:
I think it's best he shut up and concentrated on his racing, I wanna see more Ambrose/Ingall/Skaife and Murphy duals. I believe that if Skaife had won, he wouldn't be feeling as much back pain.
And that's precisely my point.....
And now he knows what its like to be racing "in" the field rather than in front of it. (and it shows that he doesn't like it!!!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.