Who would have thought? HSV gracious in defeat - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2002, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
falconS

Who would have thought? HSV gracious in defeat

I found this on HSV's website regarding the Sandown weekend, who would have thought HSV/HRT/TWR could be such gracious losers?

Quote from http://www.hsv.com.au/racing/currentresult.html

"However, full credit to Marcos Ambrose and the Stone Brothers Pirtek Ford Team. The #4 Falcon was quickest in every practice, qualifying, the Top 15 Shoot Out and both races - a perfect weekend for the Tasmanian. The performance of both Stone Brothers' cars suggests that the 2003 season will be closer and more competitive than ever, especially with the introduction of Holden's VY Commodore and Ford's BA Falcon."

And they didnt even try to give us a heap of pathetic excuses, perhaps they wanted to finish the year by taking their foot out of their mouth and their head out of their arse, so that when Ambrose wins the championship next year, they wont look like such egostistical fools.

I for one applaud hsv for recognising that this is the begining of the end of their reign.

signing off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2002, 17:41   #2 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

Big prediction ... HRT are still the dominant team in the championship, and all things being equal, I don't see that changing in the immediate future.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 17:51   #3 (permalink)

I fear you are right Hobbes, one round win does not make a championship. Not knocking MA or SBR, I'm one of their biggest fans (not just because they are the best Ford team either). The Ford teams will have a whole new struggle ahead of them in 2003 as they fine tune the new BA, that is the teams that actually have BAs. Hopefully the BA will respond better to tweaks and offer greater competition to Holden; well, TWR anyway.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
Big prediction ... HRT are still the dominant team in the championship, and all things being equal, I don't see that changing in the immediate future.
Me either.. They'll still be streets ahead.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 12:17   #5 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

HRT performances since Skaife won the Championship, have been well below par. Could they have been looking to close things up to deflect the parity debate?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:28   #6 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

HRT still have the fastest pitstops, all other things being equal, these could play a much larger part next year.

By the way, that Webdesigner really needs to find a different front than Arial... among other things
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 14:27   #7 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Fanatic
By the way, that Webdesigner really needs to find a different front than Arial... among other things
And hi res pictures!!!!!....

Back to the point I agree with Hobbes.. it'll be a long road before we catch up but things are looking good.
Old 12-03-2002, 14:36   #8 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Even with Project Blueprint, I find any calls from the TWR camp about the competition being "close and competitive" downright hillarious!!

Who are they trying to kid - maybe they are referring to a different series other than the Supercars?

Yes I'm a pessimist, but with bloody good reason. Until TWR are back to equal terms with other teams, in terms of funding, R&D, and number of cars under their umbrella, the whole series is nothing better than a JOKE. Thanks a lot Cochrane, I hope Cretin and Gretch keep the bed warm for you!

Oh well, off to watch a REAL racing series! Go Team Yamaha!
Old 12-03-2002, 23:35   #9 (permalink)
Pinky!

Quote:
Originally posted by DRU842
HRT performances since Skaife won the Championship, have been well below par. Could they have been looking to close things up to deflect the parity debate?
Ahh... A conspiracy theory is it.

I like a good conspiracy theory but I don't think this one holds much truth to it. You never know with HRT though...
Old 12-04-2002, 01:27   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Fanatic
HRT still have the fastest pitstops, all other things being equal, these could play a much larger part next year.
actually, its Kmart Racing...
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe