Will we see a New XR8 in GT production? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2003, 02:11   #1 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Will we see a New XR8 in GT production?

i have been a fan of the procar series ever since i discoverd it and while im a hugh fan of GT performance i also quite enjoy GT production after seeing on the procar web site that there is already 1 XR6 Turbo raced for in a few rounds this year and next year a new team will also be adding a 2nd one will we get to see a XR8 out there i used to quite enjoy seeing the Au XR8 V VX SS and now it seems the XR8 has been retired for it's little brother is this because the XR8 isn't allowd in production anymore(260Kw) or teams just not interested if the trend continues we will se 1 VY SS V 3-4 XR6 Turbo's if Carr and Bradshaw up grade to New XR's what a huge bragg holden will be able to have if 1 SS beat's 3-4 XR's

From what i have heard the 6T can only cange in's management systom to motec but the V8's can run a Motec and Full exhaust this would bring a New XR8 some serious power advantage ove the 6T would it not you could see the 6T was down on power to loadsmans SS at Phillip Island and the commi pulled 2-3 carlenghts of the line just the way i see it

surly one still wan't to run the XR8.........Please
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 13:59   #2 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Re: Will we see a New XR8 in GT production?

Yeah I've seen the Xr6 been swamped by the the VY SS, but that was on it's first race meet, so it may have just been the team getting to grips with the car.

I think one of the main issues thatt he team will have to look at is the car's weight, and whether or not it will be able to conserve the tyres, and not float around when the tyres get run really ragged.

But if the 8 can change to a full racing zorst and a motec engine computer, surely that's gotta be good to get it up to the 300kW mark?
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 14:02   #3 (permalink)

NEW CAR,NEWISH TEAM,need time to get the baby brother (xr6t)up there,its doing alright but i do believe maybe its a mixture of driver and underdevelopment of car (no track time)..see how LOADSMAN(spelling)in his COMMO has a great handle on his car,thats what the fords need,but in due time it'll happen.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:00   #4 (permalink)

Hey guys, thought id join up and let you guys know why we have decided to run a XR6T instead of a XR8.

Our team (Jayell-Delatite Racing) went for a XR6T because the XR6T is really a new and exciting car for Ford and we know that it has plenty of potential to do well on the track. It is also a fair bit lighter then the XR8 and will therefore look after its tires a little better. Im sure someone will race a XR8. Our driver John raced an AU XR8 for 4 years and loved the car.

But we decided on a new project, the car we are currently using is the XR6T that competed in Targa Tasmania in the hands of journo Michael Taylor.

We recieved the car just 2 weeks before the first round at Phillip Island back in August. We only had enough time to give it a good check over and install the new Bilstein Shocks and springs. The engine and exhaust were completley standard, therefore the lack of power compared to the SS which has had 3 seasons of deveopment.

For the next round at Winton we were able to get more power out of the car and out qualified the SS. But some niggling problems persisted and the car lacked pace during the race distance.

Now onto the Bathurst 24hr!!!

The car has had a complete rebuild and we are extremely confident that these develpment bugs have been sorted!

We all can't wait to get upto the mountain and show what this great car can do!

If any of the forum members are heading up to the 24hr then don't hesitate to come and say hi and have a look at the car. My names Alan and ill be around the pit area doing this and that so come and say hi!

If you guys have anymore questions then fire away, ill be happy to answer where i can!

Cheers

Alan.
j-d_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:12   #5 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Alan thanks for the heads up & info on how the team is thinking. Good luck at the 24 Hour!!
Old 11-11-2003, 13:14   #6 (permalink)
Crikey

Hey Alan there are about 25 of us going up for the 24 hour, see the thread in the 3FB section.

Rest assured we will drop by some time during the wekend. Thanks for the invite and best of luck.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:07   #7 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound picky, to see a XR6T out there is great have a good go at the 24Hour are you only in the 24H or in showroom showdown aswell just so i do have it right what mod's are allowed to the XR6T compared to the XR8's
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe