Will you care? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: When will you start to care about V8 Supercars again? Or do you already care?
I already watch, and I think it's great the way it is. 10 13.51%
When Fords start dominating, then I will take an interest. 1 1.35%
When the series evens up, and the racing is as close as it can get, and the leader board is checkered with blue ovals and red circles. 55 74.32%
I don't care, because the cars represent nothing of the road car. 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2002, 00:37   #1 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

confused Will you care?

Well, just picking up the general vibe in here. I think we all feel the same but I would like to make sure.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2002, 01:07   #2 (permalink)

time to close the poll,,,100% just the way it is
lol
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:14   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Where's the options for those who are interested in the series even though fords aren't winning?
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 01:47   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Number one.
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 06:54   #5 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

I voted 'C'- when the series evens up.
I suppose with the advent of 'Project Blueprint', the more appropriate answer would be 'D' - the cars represent nothing of the road car.

Thinking back to the early 1990's when the V8 formula was born, even with both makes hogging the limelight from time to time was no real issue.
The cars were far more individual, and the Fords DID have a fighting chance at the top placings. There was nowhere near any of the bullsh*t and carry-on with regulations and rules like there is now. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Tony Cochrane is fastly stuffing up what used to be great, entertaining racing.
I only hope that his latest plot to ruin the QLD 500 falls flat on it's arse. When the V8 Supercar club was originally formed, I was one of the first 200 hundred or so to join up. Member number 198 actually!!! But it wasn't what I expected, and I soon stopped forking out good money for what at first seemed a good deal.
Looks like the touring car fans of Queensland might soon do the same...........

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 12:54   #6 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

I hope that this Blue print thing evens things up because I think this will be the last chance for the formula. If the results don't even up next year there will be an accelaerting decline.
History tells us that racing formulas, particularly 'control' formulas get overahauled about every 10 years or so.
Old 08-24-2002, 04:38   #7 (permalink)

I say they scrap the whole series it is a farce. These cars bear no similarity to our run of the mill Holdens or Fords and their driving in fairyland as far as I can tell. Bring brack true homogolation car racing where racing development on-flow to the base model cars like it used to. I only watch Bathurst and Sandown personally not for the cars but for the drama and excitement of it all.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 17:11   #8 (permalink)

I'm with DK.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 17:28   #9 (permalink)
Blah

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fonz
I say they scrap the whole series it is a farce. These cars bear no similarity to our run of the mill Holdens or Fords and their driving in fairyland as far as I can tell. Bring brack true homogolation car racing where racing development on-flow to the base model cars like it used to. I only watch Bathurst and Sandown personally not for the cars but for the drama and excitement of it all.
Ummmm, yeah. Whatever you reckon mate.
Old 08-25-2002, 23:07   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I voted C, when the race evens up. I just want some close racing which will benefit both camps.
I wouldn't like it either if Ford done what HRT are doin now.

For some close racing look at Nascar and Champ car racing. Now thats very very interesting all the way to the flag.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe