Yet another autobot whinge. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2004, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
Resident geek freak

Yet another autobot whinge.

I dont mind autobot, its a good idea, i just think maybe it shouldnt post to the general postings forums, mybe it should have its own forum area. On race weekend theres so many press releases we cant see what people are posting, so lets seprate autobot to its own heading.

Actually I think we really only need 1 racing forum, like we used to have, but autobot could have its own seperate "Racing news" forum on here. That way we can see peoples postings and chatter, and still get the news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2004, 00:22   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Yet another autobot whinge.

Exactly.

I mean of all of AutoBot's posts, who has replied? - It just drowns out actual discussions. I reccon maybe give Autobot his own forum chain thingy?
Old 07-03-2004, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

I couldnt agree more. Autobot is a great idea, but it does interfere with actual conversations. Also, please stop it from posting Konica news in the V8 Supercars forum!
Old 07-03-2004, 00:34   #4 (permalink)

you may as well give up guys. lunatic svt says this isnt a democracy. ie. if you dont like the bot you may as well go jump.

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=71112

its a shame i know.
Old 07-03-2004, 00:44   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Ohhh hadn't seen that thread before.

But still only for this section? - It's killing the Motorsport section!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:01   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Since this post was locked by someone else and not posted in I will give the info in here.

The information that was posted today at 18:03 my time was because I removed the posts from here and it had to catch up. Again when it is caught up; as it should be now, the posts are not going to flood in here and fill more than one page. But then again people dont seem to care. They rather have a good cry about this on here.

Here is a suggestion. WHEN someone can fill the need of the bot and supply the information and posts that it is then I will remove the bot. I do not see anyone coming forth to volunteer their time, their writting abilities, their insight or for that matter anything covering these topics that are brought forth by the bot. Until such time that those that can complain about it step forward and fill the needs it will be staying.

Since, some people can only rant about things here is the text again for you to read.

1. The bot does not hinder your ability to post on this site or in any of the sections it is in.
2. The bots posting does not slow the site down nor does it slow down your surfing abilities on here at all.
3. You have the ability to NOT read the posts. There is a title and username on all posts. You do not have to read the ones by autobot. You can (GOD FORBID) look past them.

Is it my fault that you have an inability to look past them? No.
Is it my fault that you are just being lazy? No.

AGAIN: NO one requires you to read them, open them, reply to them or click on them. Because you can not grasp that fact it is not my fault and not a reason to remove anything on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I couldnt agree more. Autobot is a great idea, but it does interfere with actual conversations. Also, please stop it from posting Konica news in the V8 Supercars forum!
How does it interfere in anyway. It is not stopping you from reading other posts. It is not stopping you from scrolling past it. It is not forcing you to click on them and read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
you may as well give up guys. lunatic svt says this isnt a democracy. ie. if you dont like the bot you may as well go jump.

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=71112

its a shame i know.
Some people need to get over it already. FFS grow up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Racing Across the Globe