2003 Jaguar XK Unveiled - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2002, 07:57   #1 (permalink)

2003 Jaguar XK Unveiled

PEBBLE BEACH, CALIFORNIA, August 16, 2002 – Jaguar is giving attendees of this year's prestigious Pebble Beach Concours D'Elegance a sneak preview of its new 2003 model year XK sports car.

The new Jaguar XK retains its powerful and sensuous profile but underneath packs a wealth of new technology and engineering to enhance the driving experience and complement the car's emotional appeal. The 2003 Jaguar XK range goes on sale 1 October with no price increase over the previous 2002 models.

Unveiling the new car at the exclusive Pebble Beach golf course in Monterey, California were legendary British racing driver Sir Stirling Moss OBE and Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover Chief Operating Officer Bob Dover.

"We sum up the Jaguar XK sports car in four words," commented Dover. "Exciting, original, sensuous and powerful; but our customers are closer to the mark when they tell us the car is all about style. Unveiling the new 2003 version at one of the world's most stylish automotive events – where Jaguar is the featured racing marque – makes absolute sense."

For the new 2003 model year, Jaguar has made only minor enhancements to the XK coupe and convertible's powerful exterior look, and instead poured a host of new and relevant technology into the XK's stylish mix. Highlights are:

Two new, more powerful 4.2-liter V8 engines
Mighty 390bhp (SAE) supercharged V8 for the XKR models
State-of-the-art ZF 6-speed transmission
Dynamic Stability Control standard
Emergency Brake Assist standard
Adaptive Restraint Technology System (intelligent airbag deployment) standard
Adaptive Cruise Control optional
High Intensity Discharge Xenon headlights on supercharged XKR models
Race-bred Brembo brakes on the supercharged XKR models

The result is a true Jaguar with seductive looks backed up by cutting edge, relevant technology designed to enhance the driving experience without unnecessary complexity. The XK range has become fastest selling sports car is Jaguar's history with over 33,000 sales in the US so far. The new 2003 range boasts some 900 new or updated part numbers but prices remain unchanged from the 2002 range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 145911.1.jpeg (8.6 KB, 555 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2002, 08:00   #2 (permalink)

Ford,GM show new luxury models

August 17, 2002

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. Bloomberg News -- General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac and Ford Motor Co.'s Jaguar introduced cars on Friday intended to regain customers who have shunned the world's two largest automakers in favor of German and Japanese rivals.

Cadillac will add a V-Series auto line next year based on current models that feature more engine power, racing-style suspension, wheels and brakes, said Mark LaNeve, the unit's general manager, at the Concours d'Elegance motor show in Pebble Beach.

The company also showed its XLR, a 4.6-liter, V8 engine convertible with a retractable hardtop that is to go on sale next year priced at more than $80,000.

Jaguar showed the 2003 XKR sports car that is to go on sale Oct. 1 with a 390-horsepower, V-8 engine, about 5 percent more power than the current model, said Bob Dover, chief operating officer of Ford's Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover unit. Prices for coupe and convertible models are unchanged at $81,975 and $86,975.

General Motors and Ford have poured millions of dollars into reviving their luxury units' prestige to lift profit.

While Cadillac and Jaguar increased sales this year through July with respective gains of 13 percent and 63 percent, they lag Bayerische Motoren Werke AG's BMW, Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus and DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz in total U.S. sales.

Cadillac "is doing many things right with new products but they've got a lot of hurdles to overcome," said Wes Brown, an analyst with Nextrend, which tracks consumer buying patterns.

"They've got interesting things coming but so do BMW, Lexus and Mercedes."

The brand's new performance line won't generate a lot of new sales, Brown said.

Still, "there's a growing segment within the market that wants vehicles with extra performance, and it's a smart move to appeal to this kind of enthusiast buyer," he said.

Jaguar's latest XKR is also meant to improve the brand's reputation, though it probably won't result in much greater numbers than the current model, Dover said.

Sales of XK-series sports cars fell 32 percent in the year's first seven months to 2,254.

"This is a relatively low volume car," Dover said in an interview, declining to set a sales target.

"We're in the premium business. We want to supply people but we don't want to push metal down people's throats."

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News