2003 Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder S - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2003, 21:08   #1 (permalink)

2003 Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder S

By THE EDITORS OF AUTOWEEK
2003 KENNY BROWN
MERCURY MARAUDER S

DATE IN FLEET: Jan. 2-27
AS-TESTED PRICE: $55,179
POWERTRAIN: 4.6-liter supercharged V8; rwd, four-speed automatic HP: 460 @ 6200 rpm TORQUE: 450 @ 4800 rpm
CURB WEIGHT: 4230 pounds
AW MPG:14.5

MANDEL: My commute: Pulled out on the avenue. Stopped at light. Unmarked cop car pulls up alongside in a Crown Vic. Windows tinted as much as mine. Light turns green. Stomp throttle. Get Marauder flat frickin' sideways. Giggle turns into laugh. Cop car backs off and leaves me alone. Get on freeway and floor it. Laugh gets louder. Pick up boys. Leave 100-foot-long patch of rubber until I get out of throttle. All of us are laughing now. See, I tell them in my best wise way, this is what American Iron was all about. Smoke tires some more; makes me want to smoke a cigarette. Oh, yeah: Go through about a quarter of a tank in 40 miles. Who cares?

GRITZINGER: Whether it's worth the green, I doubt it, when you consider what $55,000 will get. Whether it's worth it as an absolute holy highway terror, I'd give it a resounding "yes!" Damn is this thing powerful. Over time you'd get used to feathering the throttle to get the right twitch at the right time on the right surfaces. But on cold pavement, it was an effort to manage all that rip without being extra judicious with the right foot. I loved every second of learning it. Yes, it is brutal on bumps. What we need is-I hope, what Mercury's Steve Babcock and his boys are working on-a factory Marauder with a little more jump in its step, but maybe not this much. Something, well, manageable for everyday driving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0203dl-marauder.jpeg (19.1 KB, 19 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News