Asia:Ford to set up second production base in China - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2004, 10:16   #1 (permalink)

Asia:Ford to set up second production base in China

Ford to set up second production base in China

chinaview.cn

NANJING, April 6 (Xinhuanet) -- American auto giant Ford Motor Company plans to set up its second China production base in Nanjing, capital of eastern Jiangsu Province, Cheng Meiwei, chairman and CEO of Ford Motor China Ltd. said Tuesday.

Cheng told an international manufacturing forum, which opened Tuesday the company has signed an agreement on the construction ofthe base with the Jiangning economic development zone in Nanjing, but he did not disclose any details the plan.

Cheng said the construction of the second auto production base is an important step of Ford's plan to realize a "large-scale business" in the Yangtze River Delta area, which is regarded as an engine of the China economy.

Ford has listed China as one of its principal parts providers, second only to the United States, as it plans to purchase more than 1 billion US dollars worth of auto parts in China in 2004, hesaid.

Ford set up its first production base in Chongqing, southwest China, in April 2001 and it has five joint ventures in China.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News