BR:Ford blazes a Trail with rugged new Fiesta SUV - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 05:26   #1 (permalink)

BR:Ford blazes a Trail with rugged new Fiesta SUV

Ford blazes a Trail with rugged new Fiesta SUV

It's amazing what you can do with a Fiesta. Just look at what Ford unveiled at the Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil

By Ross Pinnock
Auto Express

Fiesta-based Trail gets SUV styling and raised suspension

The Trail is a pumped-up version of a high-riding Fiesta model which is sold in the South American market. And we reckon the newcomer's aggressive body-kit would certainly find favour with image-conscious European buyers.

It features extended wheel┬*arches and protective door mouldings in a contrast┬*ing grey finish. Stylists have also given the Trail chunky front and rear bumpers to enhance the go-anywhere looks. What's more, there's an integrated bull bar-style grille design that's flanked by angular upswept headlamps.

Indicator repeaters mounted in the door mirrors - inspired by those on Mercedes models - and smoked tail-light clusters complete the Trail's bold design.

Under the skin, raised suspension provides the newcomer with enhanced ground clearance. This ensures that, even though it's front-wheel drive-only, the car can cope with mild off-roading duties. The set-up also helps improve the ride on tarmac.

Other macho styling cues include a set of angular roof bars, as well as pronounced sill caps, which are designed to resemble the side steps fitted to full-sized SUVs. The tough appearance is complemented by big five-spoke alloys - which are borrowed from the Focus - along with a large bonnet-mounted air intake and dark tinted windows. Underbody protection-style mouldings complete the mud-plugging illusion.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News