EU:Jaguar reveals all-new XK Convertible - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005, 02:06   #1 (permalink)

EU:Jaguar reveals all-new XK Convertible

Jaguar reveals all-new XK Convertible

Autoindex.org

Jaguar has issued the following press release:

Following the World Premiere of the XK Coupe, Jaguar is proud to announce that it will be joined by the all-new XK convertible.

From the outset Jaguar knew it needed to create a convertible version of the XK and designed and developed it in parallel with the Coupe. The XK Convertible uses the same advanced aluminum body structure technology to achieve excellent body rigidity and torsional stiffness while minimizing weight: at just 3759lbs the new Convertible is one of the lightest cars in its competitive set.

A 300bhp (SAE), 4.2-liter V8 engine and Jaguar Sequential Shift steering-wheel-mounted gear change controls ensure rapid performance of 0-60mph in just 6.0 seconds (0-100kmh in 6.3 seconds) and an electronically limited top speed of 155mph (250kmh)*.

The luxurious triple-lined, fabric roof - which can be powered up or down in less than 18 seconds – when retracted it stows fully out of sight beneath an aluminum tonneau cover. A roll-over protection system comprising two 'hidden' aluminum hoops that deploy in the event of an incident is standard on all XK Convertibles.

"The all-new XK was designed from the outset to be a beautiful convertible. It is a statement of confident Jaguar design, elegant as well as powerful and with the performance and driving dynamics to match its looks", commented Jaguar Design Director, Ian Callum.

The XK Convertible will be available from spring 2006. Full details of the car and pricing will be announced later this year.

The XK Convertible is manufactured and assembled in a state-of-the-art production facility at Jaguar's Castle Bromwich plant in the West Midlands region of the United Kingdom .

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2005, 06:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: EU:Jaguar reveals all-new XK Convertible

Jaguar to show XK convertible at Detroit

AUTOWEEK

Following the recent unveiling of the 2007 Jaguar XK coupe, the drop-top version will debut at the 2006 Detroit auto show. The XK convertible uses the same 4.2-liter 300-hp V8 and aluminum body for a curb weight of just 3759 pounds, with a top that opens and closes in less than 18 seconds. Pricing will be released later this year before it goes on sale next spring.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News