EU:New Jag ad campaign, tied to launch of XK, to reflect style, glamour - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 06:06   #1 (permalink)

EU:New Jag ad campaign, tied to launch of XK, to reflect style, glamour

New Jag ad campaign, tied to launch of XK, to reflect style, glamour

MARK RECHTIN | Automotive News

FRANKFURT -- Jaguar is no longer satisfied to be perceived as just a car brand.

Now Jaguar's marketers want consumers to consider it a luxury good.

In a brand campaign tied to the launch of its flagship XK coupe, Jaguar Cars "is going to return to the things it knows how to do," said Bibiana Boerio, the company's managing director.

Boerio told Automotive News at the Frankfurt auto show that the campaign will associate Jaguar with "warmth, style, glamour, refinement, fast cars and looking goddamn beautiful."

The campaign is the first effort from Euro RSCG/Fuel, Jaguar's new advertising agency. The creative work is global in nature, although some regions may tailor the ads to suit their markets.

Music from chill-out bands Massive Attack and Boards of Canada and alternative rockers Spoon back the TV commercials.

Mark Fields, the departing executive vice president of Ford Motor Co.'s Premier Automotive Group, says the campaign will be "an integrated marketing strategy."

"It's not just, here's a premium car," says Fields, who will be the next head of Ford's North American operations.

Boerio says the campaign's TV and print ads suggest fashion photography more than standard car shots.

"There is a perspective of how luxury brands behave and how automotive brands behave," she says. "This will not just be a fast car on a road. You will see perspectives you don't normally see in car ads."

The XK will be the focus of the campaign, but the style of advertising will encompass all Jaguar models, including the near-luxury X-Type.

Jaguar plans to unveil the campaign's creative work next month.

In contrast to other automakers' marketing strategies that are aimed at younger buyers, Boerio says Jaguar is interested in all affluent consumers.

"I want to retain every single Jaguar customer," she says. "I love every one of them. I don't care if they are young or old - just that they love life, dare to be different and don't need to drive a German make."

Jaguar is making some concessions to younger consumers. Interiors of previous Jaguars were filled with burled walnut trim.

The new XK also will be offered with milled aluminum touches.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News