Ford to put $158 million in its Romeo plant - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2003, 07:23   #1 (permalink)

Ford to put $158 million in its Romeo plant

Thursday, May 15, 2003
By Tenisha Mercer / The Detroit News

ROMEO -- Ford Motor Co. today is expected to announce the automaker will invest at least $158 million at its Romeo engine plant.

The company's investment is thought to be more than $158 million, but Joe Koenig, public affairs manager for powertrain operations, would not release specific details.

"I wouldn't characterize it as an expansion, but we did apply for some tax abatements for some possible work at the plant," Koenig said.

The Romeo Village Council approved Ford's $158 million industrial facilities tax abatement request late last month. The company's investment comes at a time when automakers are slashing costs and cutting jobs at many operations.

"It's a very positive sign ... because it means ... these are jobs that aren't going to go to some other place," said James McTevia, chairman of McTevia & Associates, a consulting firm in Eastpointe.

The abatement will help pay for upgrading engine production equipment at the plant, said Romeo Clerk Marian McLaughlin. Typically, abatements allow a company tax breaks over a 12-year period.

The plant manufactures engines for the Ford Crown Victoria, Expedition, Explorer and E-Series vans; and Lincoln Navigator, Aviator and Town Car.

It has more than 1,600 employees. It is not known if the investment will produce new jobs.

"They are heavily involved with the community, and this will support that even more," said Joyce Dych, executive director of the Romeo-Washington Chamber of Commerce.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2003, 10:22   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

FORD'S ROMEO ENGINE PLANT TO BUILD NEW 4.6-LITER 3-VALVE V-8 ENGINE

Ford Motor Company today announced an investment of $192 million in its Romeo Engine Plant as part of its plan to introduce more powerful, yet cleaner and more fuel-efficient versions, of its award-winning Modular V-8 engines.

With this investment, Ford continues its move to a new global flexible manufacturing system to build engines and transmissions. At the Romeo plant, Ford will install a new cylinder-head line and convert an existing engine assembly line to produce a new 4.6-liter 3-valve per cylinder V-8 engine.

Click for story.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News