Jaguar Cuts Price Of Base Model - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2002, 01:52   #1 (permalink)

Jaguar Cuts Price Of Base Model

Jaguar Cuts Price Of Base Model

Although the flagship S-Type R is the most spectacular new addition to the range, equally significant is the new entry-level 201bhp 2.5-litre V6 model.
Aimed at taking advantage of company car tax changes, it will cost from £24,950. Previously, the cheapest S-Type was the £26,700 240bhp 3.0-litre version, which remains on sale.

Jaguar has also launched a normally aspirated 4.2-litre version for those who want the progressive performance of a V8, but not the wilder edge of the supercharged machine. Priced from £36,000, it replaces the 4.0-litre model and has the new six-speed automatic transmission, leather seats and redesigned alloys. The company hopes the changes will help it better its recent, record-breaking sales performances.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2002, 19:29   #2 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Nice move , that should upset a few BMW fans

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 22:02   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I reckon offering the unblown V8 is a good move.I think the engine could have wider appeal like this.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 04:34   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

you can still get v8 optional though? there's gunna be a 400bhp supercharged s-type to go head-to-head with the m5 according to the jaguart head person.
new 6 speed auto sounds good on paper but what advantages is it going to bring? Why doesnt jag have a manual option also!?
I hope this all works out good for jag.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 09:20   #5 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

The reason that jag don't offer a manual box is there autos are the best in the business (only the likes of the Merc S class and Lexus 400 get close) and they can even act like a manual when selecting the gear yourself . So no real need .

I think the idea of the v6 is for developement with the ford v6 so it reduces costs , it also takes advantage of the company car tax in Britain that the price is under £25k and the engine is under 3.0L so less tax taken off your salary for having a nice motor from the company you work for . Once again smart thinking to increase fleet car sales to businesses !!

As far as I'm concerned Jaguar are starting to get it just right!Smart cars , Smart business and no hints of Germen over efficiencey.

John
The Flying Haggis
(and secret PR rep to Jaguar UK hee,hee,hee)
Old 01-05-2002, 14:55   #6 (permalink)

If you haven't already guessed, apart from having a personal interest in Jag I have also targeted Jag people as one of the Ford brands I feel could be added to this site, either in this section or by getting John to create their own. So far I haven't been too successful in achieving this so if anyone is aware of jag bbs on the net let me know and I will add them to my lists of places to advertise this site. By all means feel free to do the same. Ideally a jag section an aston section and a volvo section off the Euro section would be a great way to build this area, but that is long term.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:21   #7 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

That kind of stuff would be cool but I got a funny feeling the decerning owners of Jags , astons and volvos aren't that interested . I'm not saying they are stuck up or idiots , just there aren't that many owners surfing ????? They tend to do there hanging in the car clubs sites, I.E Driver Clubs for tracks and the like or the reverse angle the sports club (golf , shooting or whatever) . The volvo markets a bit diffrent the owners are becoming younger and funkier so god only knows where they are just know .

Its a bit different when it comes to the classic market these guys are all over the place !!! Heritage sites , type clubs etc even the old volvo amazon !!!!

But hey as word spreads it then gets the rep it deservse !!!

I know I'm taking to the other owners about setting up a donation to get a web site together for us and this seems the best place to attract them bring them to !!!!!

So as they say the more the merry

John
The Flying Haggis
Old 01-07-2002, 13:26   #8 (permalink)

If you need a seperate section on the site I am sure we can do something for you.

We have clubs now using part of the site. In the Australian section there is a sub section for the NSW tickford owners club.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:19   #9 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

I'm gonna ask the others (we meet up hope fully the end of this month early next) as I'm not fussed about cost if it means theres something like this site attached to it , as it just generates more interest for all concerned. I'm going to see about making a contribution soon aswell but might link the two together once I speak to the boy who would design the site and the other who technically was the last memeber of the prev club.

Theres just too many options for people coming here , covering so much of ford as it does and then the classic markets and other brands . Its too good to miss also it would be helpful for others possibly coming to Scotland or interested in travel as we can all contibute info to each other .

John
The Flying Haggis
Old 01-08-2002, 18:29   #10 (permalink)

John.

The australian section is gaining its very own home page as a front to the section. It can be viewed, at

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...threadid=11245
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News