Japan:Mazda says fire-struck plant won't restart this year - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 08:59   #1 (permalink)

Japan:Mazda says fire-struck plant won't restart this year

Mazda says fire-struck plant won't restart this year

Reuters

TOKYO -- Mazda Motor Corp. said Monday that its car assembly plant that was struck by fire would stay closed through year end, resulting in lost production of 7,832 cars.

Mazda, whose Ujina No. 1 plant in Hiroshima caught fire Wednesday, said it did not know when operations could restart.

On Dec. 24 and 25 -- the last two days of production this year -- production of the Demio subcompact will be transferred to the adjacent Ujina No. 2 plant from the No. 1 factory.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 07:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Japan:Mazda says fire-struck plant won't restart this year

Mazda to restart fire-hit plant on Jan. 6

Reuters

TOKYO -- Mazda Motor Corp. said on Wednesday that it would restart operations at a fire-hit domestic car assembly plant on Jan. 6.

Mazda's Ujina No.1 plant in Hiroshima, western Japan, caught fire last Wednesday and has been out of operation since.

Mazda, one-third owned by Ford Motor Co., said on Monday the plant would stay out of operation through the end of the year, resulting in lost production of 7,832 cars.

Starting from Jan. 6, Mazda will resume production of the Demio subcompact at the No.1 plant although the painting process will be handled at the adjacent Ujina No.2 plant.

The company aims to produce 4,000 Demio units at the No.1 plant and 4,600 units at the No.2 plant in January, it said.

It has not decided on when to resume production of seven other models, a spokesman said.

The Ujina No.1 plant builds the MPV family van, RX-8 and Roadster sports cars and the Verisa hatchback. Its daily output capacity is about 1,000 vehicles.

"Production restoration of the Demio was easier than other models as the Demio has been manufactured at both the No.1 and No.2 plants, which was not the case for other models," the spokesman said.

Mazda's four car assembly plants in Japan have a total capacity of 898,000 vehicles a year, including 268,000 at Ujina No.1.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News