Land Rover and Volvo will reportedly co-develop sport/ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 08:44   #1 (permalink)

Land Rover and Volvo will reportedly co-develop sport/ute

Land Rover and Volvo will co-develop the replacement for the Freelander—and the Swede’s model could be built in Britain. Land Rover and Volvo sport/utes will spring from a shared platform under development by a joint team of Land Rover and Volvo designers and engineers based in England.

The Freelander version will be engineered with the bias toward off-road toughness, while Volvo’s, probably to be named XC50, will be sportier and more road-friendly. The engines are likely to be shared, but Volvo is likely to use its hallmark five-cylinder units.

The XC50 won’t be the first Volvo built in Britain. The P1800 coupe, driven by Roger Moore in The Saint TV series, was built by Brit-based Jensen between 1960 and 1963.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News