U.S.A.:Ford hires business strategy VP, other personnel changes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2003, 09:03   #1 (permalink)

U.S.A.:Ford hires business strategy VP, other personnel changes

By Gail Kachadourian
Automotive News / September 11, 2003

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. appointed Bruce Blythe, a former Ford of Europe executive, to a newly created position, chief strategy officer, on Thursday. He will report to CEO Bill Ford.

Blythe, who worked for Ford for 25 years from 1968 to 1993, last held the position of vice president of business strategy for Ford of Europe, where he had been treasurer.

In other executive changes:

Joe Greenwell becomes president of Jaguar and Land Rover. Greenwell, 52, a Ford Motor Co. vice president of marketing, succeeds Bob Dover, 57, who will retire. Greenwell will report to Mark Fields, CEO of Premier Automotive Group. The change is effective Oct. 1.

Anne Stevens becomes group vice president of Canada, Mexico and South America on Oct. 1. She will continue to report to Padilla. Stevens, 54, is vice president of North America Vehicle Operations. Her successor will be named later.

Lewis Booth was made a group vice president. Booth, 54, last month took over as president and COO of Ford Europe. He reports to David Thursfield, president of international operations and global purchasing.

Mark Schultz, becomes group vice president of Asia Pacific on Oct. 1. Schulz, 51, is president of Asia Pacific and South America. In his new role, Schulz continues to report to Thursfield and will have responsibility for the Mazda-Ford relationship.

Joe Laymon and Phil Martens were elected group vice presidents of their areas. Laymon, 50, has been vice president of corporate human resources, and will continue to report to Allan Gilmour, vice chairman. Martens, 43, has been vice president of product creation in North America, and continues to report to Jim Padilla, president of North America and South America operations. The promotions will be effective Oct. 1.

John Parker was elected a Ford Motor Co. vice president. Parker, 55, recently was named executive vice president and assistant to the president of Mazda Motor Corp., reporting to Hisakazu Imaki, Mazda's CEO.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2003, 08:02   #2 (permalink)

Ford adds new post: Chief strategy officer

Ex-vice president Blythe will fill role
September 12, 2003

BLOOMBERG

Ford Motor Co. named Bruce Blythe to the new post of chief strategy officer, the latest company veteran brought back to help CEO and Chairman William Clay Ford Jr. run the world's second-largest automaker.

Blythe, 58, a former architect of the company's European business strategy, will report to Ford, 46, who is trying to return the automaker to profitability in 2003 after $6.4 billion of losses the past two years.

Ford is relying on more seasoned businessmen as he tries to reverse market-share losses to Asian automakers and bigger U.S. rival General Motors Corp. He refers to the group, which includes 69-year-old Vice Chairman Allan Gilmour, as his "grumpy old men."

Blythe "knows the personality and culture of Ford," said Maryann Keller, an independent auto analyst. Blythe may be able to "see through the clutter better than someone who's looking for their next advancement," she said.

Blythe worked for Ford from 1968 to 1993, when he stepped down as vice president of business strategy for the company in Europe, the company said. Since 1993, Blythe has been a personal adviser to the chairman, said spokesman Oscar Suris.

Ford Motor Co. also named Joe Greenwell president of its Jaguar and Land Rover luxury brands, effective Oct. 1. Greenwell, 52, replaces Bob Dover, 57, who is to retire.

Greenwell's appointment comes as Ford expects its luxury brands, including Jaguar and Land Rover, to contribute one-third of profits by 2005. Jaguar lost $500 million last year after its new all-aluminum XJ sedan was delayed a year.

Jaguar, Land Rover and Ford's Volvo unit want to reduce spending by sharing parts within similar brands. Greenwell faces the challenge of maintaining the images of Jaguar and Land Rover while cutting costs, said Rebecca Lindland, an analyst at Global Insight Inc., which forecasts auto sales.

Gilmour returned to a full-time post last year, and the chairman has hired retired executives to advise him on projects. Ford brought in Neal Ressler, a former vice president and chief technical officer, as a con******t for its new GT sports car.

Ford also turned to Carl Reichardt, 72, a company director and a former CEO of Wells Fargo & Co., to be vice chairman overseeing Ford Motor Credit Co., which makes loans to vehicle buyers and accounts for most of the company's earnings. Reichardt served as vice chairman from October 2001 until Aug. 1.

Many of the veteran executives "have been through tough times before," said Dennis Virag, president of Automotive Consulting Group Inc. in Ann Arbor. "Certainly Ford is looking to proven veterans who've been in the trenches and who have been successful."

The automaker also promoted human resources chief Joe Laymon to group vice president, the first African-American to achieve that rank, and Anne Stevens, to group vice president for Canada, Mexico and South America, the company's first first female group vice president.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News