U.S.A.:Ford VP Ligocki to resign - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2003, 20:08   #1 (permalink)

U.S.A.:Ford VP Ligocki to resign

By Amy Wilson
Automotive News / July 28, 2003

Kathleen Ligocki, 46, vice president of Ford Motor Co.'s customer service division, is resigning from the company.

Ligocki declined to discuss her new position pending an official announcement. She will continue to work in the automotive industry. "I'm really happy, I can tell you that," Ligocki said. "It's a new opportunity for me. I love automotive. Don't ask me why - some of us fall in love with this business."

Ligocki joined Ford in 1998 after stints at supplier United Technologies Corp. and at General Motors' Delco Electronics. She was recruited to Ford after making a presentation for United Technologies at a business meeting attended by former CEO Jacques Nasser and former CFO Martin Inglis.

Ligocki, who was eager for an operational role at Ford, has led the service division since Aug. 1, 2002. She previously was vice president of North America marketing and also had posts handling strategy and business development. She was president and CEO of Ford of Mexico in 2000 and 2001.

Ford is working on naming a replacement for Ligocki, she said. The customer service division handles the service and parts business and employs more than 6,000 people. An announcement on her departure is expected Tuesday.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2003, 22:49   #2 (permalink)

Rising female exec quits Ford

By Mark Truby / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- Kathleen Ligocki, one of the highest ranking women in the auto industry, has resigned from Ford Motor Co. to become the CEO of auto parts maker Tower Automotive Inc., industry sources told The Detroit News.

Ligocki, 46, joined Ford in 1998 and last year was promoted to vice president in charge of Ford's customer service division where she oversees 6,000 employees. Ford is expected to announce her departure today.

Tower, based in Grand Rapids, designs and produces vehicle structural components and assemblies. The company is the 19th largest auto supplier in North America and boasts annual revenues of about $2.75 billion worldwide, according to Automotive News.

Tower spokesman David Tuit declined to confirm or deny Ligocki's appointment .

Tower's CEO Dugald Campbell announced his intention to leave the firm earlier this year.

Several people within Ford said Ligocki left the automaker on good terms to pursue her dream of running a company. She had been singled out by CEO Bill Ford Jr. as a rising star.

Before Ford, she held senior positions at General Motors Corp.'s Delco Electronics unit, United Technologies Inc. and Carrier Corp.

Ligocki's departure is a blow to Ford. Since late 2001, more than 20 corporate officers have retired, resigned or been fired.

(Photo) Ligocki
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg b01ligocki.jpeg (3.2 KB, 8 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News