U.S.A.:Ford's Duratec engine family will have at least 5 members - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-03, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
U.S.A.:Ford's Duratec engine family will have at least 5 members

By DALE JEWETT | Automotive News

Ford Motor Co. is branding all its four- and six-cylinder engines with double-overhead-camshafts in North America with the Duratec name, followed by a number that represents displacement, to create a family identity.

There will be at least five engines in the Duratec family:

Duratec 20, a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder.
Duratec 23, a 2.3-liter inline four-cylinder.
Duratec E, a low-emission engine that will meet California's "partial zero-emission vehicle" standard. The engine is a variant of the Duratec 23.
Duratec 30, the current 3.0-liter V-6.
Duratec 35, a 3.5-liter V-6 that begins production in late 2005.

The Duratec 20, Duratec 23 and Duratec E will be used in the Ford Focus. The Duratec 30 is used as an optional engine in the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable.

There also could be a Duratec 38. Ford manufacturing chief Roman Krygier said last week the Duratec 35's displacement could be increased to 3.8 liters.

Ford uses the Duratec name, which it says stands for durable technology, on all its gasoline engines in Europe.

The automaker has not developed a common name for its overhead-camshaft V-8. That engine is branded as the Triton when used in Ford pickups but is known as the InTech in the Lincoln Navigator and Aviator.

My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe, 2nd one was a 67 Cougar XR-7, 3rd one was a 66 Mustang Coupe. Why did I get rid of these cars for ? I know why, because I'm stupid, stupid, stupid.

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-14-04, 01:03 AM
confused Re: U.S.A.:Ford's Duratec engine family will have at least 5 members

Has anyone known that is Duratec V6 engine used in any rear wheel driven cars?

I get a V6 3.0 24v engine and i try to find out what gearbox is good to combination duratec and rear wheel drive.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts