UK:Land Rover Workers Back Land Rover Road Map - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2004, 19:53   #1 (permalink)

UK:Land Rover Workers Back Land Rover Road Map

Land Rover Workers Back Land Rover Road Map

The Auto Channel

LONDON -- 63% of Land Rover workers at the Solihull plant have voted yes to the 'road map' which establishes future working practices at the plant.

3,620 workers at the plant voted to support changes at the plant that will deliver greater efficiencies and improve quality at the plant.

Amicus have welcomed the vote which they say should guarantee the future of the Ford owned plant.

Tony Murphy, Amicus National Officer for the automotive industry, said:

"We are delighted with the ballot result and will be pressing for the company to follow this with commitments for greater investment at the plant and a solid declaration that further models will be sourced from Solihull."

Amicus officer for Land Rover in Solihull, Tim Parker, said:

"Undoubtedly the ballot outcome has been affected by the effective closure of Browns Lane announced last week. Ford will need to work hard to convince a sceptical workforce that their agreements securing the future of their plants are real and firm guarantees.

2,100 Land Rover workers voted against the road map in a ballot of more than 6,000 shop floor workers.

More than 8,000 people are employed at Land Rover in Solihull.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News