UK:Range Rover Sport goes to extremes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 06:14   #1 (permalink)

UK:Range Rover Sport goes to extremes

Range Rover Sport goes to extremes

Autocar

Land Rover's Cayenne rival is chunkier than ever

New HST kit makes Range Rover Sport even more aggressive

Range Rover Sport Supercharged not bling enough for you? Then this HST version could be just the job.

According to Land Rover, the inspiration has come from the Range Stormer concept car of 2004.
Apart from the styling additions seen in these photos, extra features include an electric sunroof, privacy glass, polished interior oak trim and an electronic active rear diff.

The chin spoiler is removable for those who still want to venture off road in this most expensive of Range Rover Sports.

Performance is unchanged in every respect over the standard Supercharged; the HST costs from £63,000 on the road and is on sale now.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2006, 05:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: UK:Range Rover Sport goes to extremes

Land Rover Turns Range Stormer Concept to Reality — Kinda

Inside Line

The Range Stormer concept of 2004 (pictured) was too cool not to come true. Accordingly … (Photo courtesy of Land Rover)

Range Rover Sport HST in all its glory. (Photo courtesy of Land Rover)

GAYDON, England — Remember the Range Stormer, the high-performance concept car that Land Rover displayed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit two years ago? This is as close as you'll get to a production version: the Range Rover Sport HST.

The Range Stormer was a kind of SUV/sports car crossover, with gullwing doors and a lowered roofline. It was intended to optimize on-road performance while maintaining the Range Rover's off-road ability.

The Range Rover Sport HST uses the standard bodyshell of the Range Rover Sport but adds a body kit "inspired" by the Stormer concept car, together with the top-of-the-range Sport's 390-horsepower supercharged V8 engine that powers the car from zero to 60 mph in just over seven seconds.

"The HST allows a Range Rover Sport customer to drive the closest thing there is to the radical Range Stormer," said Land Rover U.K. Managing Director John Edwards. Additional equipment also includes an electric sunroof, an electronic active locking rear differential and privacy glass. The interior is distinguished by hand-polished oak trim.

The exterior design also includes new flush-fitting front and rear bumpers and a new, larger open-mouth grille. The front lower air intake is deeper, and new front foglamps are mounted in the spoiler.

The lower doors and the lower rear trunk are body-colored, making the body sides appear deeper and accentuating the vehicle's road-hugging qualities. A new tail spoiler is also fitted, and the special rectangular tailpipes are close to those used on the Range Stormer. Further visual impact is provided by the 20-inch Stormer alloy wheels and chromed aluminium side vents.

The U.K. price is the equivalent of $109,000, but no date has been set for sales in the United States, says Land Rover.

What this means to you: Building the actual Range Stormer was probably too much to ask, so this Range Rover on steroids will have to do.

Range Rover is offering a close approximation in this Range Rover Sport HST, with a more steroidal body kit but without the gullwing doors of the concept. (Photo courtesy of Land Rover)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News