US:Classic Car Owners Find "Love In The Fast Lane" - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2005, 20:10   #1 (permalink)

US:Classic Car Owners Find "Love In The Fast Lane"

Classic Car Owners Find "Love In The Fast Lane"

Hagerty Insurance survey indicates 60 percent of respondents spend more on their classic car than on their significant other

Motor Trend

More than 7000 car enthusiasts participated in Hagerty Insurance's first "Love in the Fast Lane" online survey this year, revealing fascinating insights into how much these enthusiasts really love their "other" significant other - their classic. What is most surprising is just how deep that love goes and that they are willing to acknowledge it.

"What amazed us the most was finding that nearly a third of those surveyed said that they actually bought a gift for their classic car on Valentine's Day," says McKeel Hagerty, president of Hagerty Insurance. "We also asked how much enthusiasts spent on their classic's Valentine's gift, and over half admitted that they spent more than $250. Now that's true love!"

Some of the interesting statistics the survey revealed include:

60% spent more in the last year on their classic car than on their significant other
62% talk to their classic on a regular basis
67% remember the date they bought their first classic
42% named their classic car
29% bought their "other" significant other a Valentine's Day present last year and of those respondents, 57% spent more than $250 on the presents
64% would reacquire their first car given the opportunity
73% remember the year, make and model of every car they have owned

Many of the respondents said that their classic car reminded them of certain celebrities. The following are some of the most popular:

259 people made Steve McQueen the overwhelming selection, with a "Bullitt"
154 people felt their car was as "bad" as James Dean
130 people think of Jay Leno in relation to their classic
89 people thought the beauty of their classic was synonymous with Marilyn Monroe
88 people felt Clint Eastwood really "made their day" when they thought about their classic

From all of the qualified entries received by the deadline, Hagerty will select at random the First-, Second- and Third-place winners. Winners will be chosen by February 7 and officially announced on February 14, 2005 via the company's website www.hagerty.com. Hagerty employees, family members and Hagerty agents are not eligible for the contest.

First prize is the ultimate car lover gift - a $500 shopping spree from the Griot's Garage catalog. Second prize is a $200 package of Griot's Garage car fanatic goodies, including an exterior car care kit, a six-speed pen and holder, and a digital tire gauge/flashlight and the third Prize is the Griot's Garage Hand Wash and Polish Kit, valued at $100.

Hagerty insures collectible cars, motorcycles, and boats in the United States, catering specifically to those who are passionate about vehicles on land or in the water. For more information on Hagerty Insurance and the Hagerty Protection Network,hagerty.com.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News