US:Ford buyouts continue
Ford buyouts continue
Detroit Free Press
Ford Motor Co. is reviewing applications by U.S. salaried employees for buyout and early retirement offers as the company cuts costs amid falling sales and profits.
Ford, which wants to cut 1,000 U.S. salaried employee jobs, "can't disclose a final figure" of applicants yet, spokeswoman Marcey Evans said Tuesday. Ford told employees in April that it would offer the buyouts.
Employees submitted their applications until the end of last week, and those approved will leave the company by June 30, Evans said. Executive vice president Greg Smith told employees in an April e-mail that "involuntary separations" might occur if not enough people applied.
My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe, 2nd one was a 67 Cougar XR-7, 3rd one was a 66 Mustang Coupe. Why did I get rid of these cars for ? I know why, because I'm stupid, stupid, stupid.
My next Ford.....