US:Ford Cuts Mid-Size SUV Production - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 09:03   #1 (permalink)

US:Ford Cuts Mid-Size SUV Production

Ford Cuts Mid-Size SUV Production

Daily Auto Insider

Ford said it will reduce production of its Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator sport-utility vehicles at its suburban St. Louis assembly plant effective Jan. 3, eliminating about 800 jobs, the Associated Press reported.

Ford will end the second of two production shifts at the Hazelwood plant, which employs more than 2,600 workers.

In 2002, Ford announced plans to close the factory by the middle of the decade, among other things citing declining SUV sales, the story said.

Ford said it could save money by moving production of the Hazelwood-built SUVs to the a newer plant in Louisville, Kentucky.

Sales of the Explorer including the Sport and Sport Trac versions through August were down 6.7% over the same period last year, according to Autodata Corp. Sales of the Mountaineer slid 2.4%, while demand for the Aviator has slumped 18%.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News