US:Ford Fairlane concept - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 06:30   #1 (permalink)

US:Ford Fairlane concept

Ford Fairlane concept

Autoindex.org

Ford has issued the following press release:

The Ford Fairlane concept creates a new type of people-mover that explores a blend of upscale, modern design with Ford hallmarks of safety, interior spaciousness and functionality. Fairlane – a classic name that recalls the splendor of Henry Ford's estate – features a well-proportioned, purposeful stance that promotes Ford fundamentals – a spacious and flexible interior, safety leadership and confident driving character.

The Ford Fairlane concept is a six-passenger, three-row people mover with a unique shape. Its well-balanced proportions are the foundation for a modern, sophisticated design with a minivan-sized, no-compromise interior. Fairlane also features unique active lifestyle solutions like the "rolling galley" concept in the functional rear utility zone.

The exterior is defined by upright front roof pillars that stretch the people-mover concept upward, creating a minivan-size interior. The interior has three unique zones with a unifying design theme, but that serve individual needs.

Fairlane's three interior zones feature unmatched function and unique materials – including automotive firsts like maple bentwood, Lloyd Loom woven rattan made from recycled paper, and a durable woven canvas – that help separate each row by job description. The front zone is driver-focused and features great visibility, thanks to a low dash and high seating positions, as well as easy-control ergonomics. This purposeful zone is reinforced by sophisticated design elements.

The Ford Fairlane concept rides on an all-wheel drive version of the company's mid-size CD3 architecture, with fully independent front and rear suspensions. The Fairlane is the first CD3-based people-mover concept, demonstrating the architecture's flexibility next to its production mid-size-sedan cousins – the 2006 Ford Fusion and Lincoln Zephyr.

This architecture will eventually be the basis for up to ten unique vehicles in North America and approximately 800,000 vehicles annually over time.

The Duratec 30 3.0-liter V-6 engine features all-aluminum construction, dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, intake Variable Cam Timing (i-VCT) and electronic throttle control. It could deliver the smooth, spirited performance, along with good fuel economy and very low emissions ratings that are enjoyed in production versions.

The engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with wider ratios that allow this smaller, more fuel-efficient engine to deliver smooth, consistent shifts and great low-end torque and performance feel.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 19:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: US:Ford Fairlane concept

Why are they going to use the Fairlane name for this? Looks a little like the Bronco Concept they had a while back, just changed a few things.
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 20:36   #3 (permalink)

Re: US:Ford Fairlane concept

I don't know. It's a bad idea in my opinion.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News