US:Government investigating windshield wipers in Ford Expedition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 17:07   #1 (permalink)

US:Government investigating windshield wipers in Ford Expedition

Government investigating windshield wipers in Ford Expedition

By Ken Thomas / Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The government has opened an investigation into a potential defect affecting windshield wipers on the Ford Expedition, officials said Monday.

Ford Motor Co. said the problems could affect about 650,000 vehicles from the 1999 to 2001 model years.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has received 20 complaints about allegations that water leaking into the vehicle near the windshield during rain or snow showers has caused the wipers and other electrical components to malfunction.

Ford spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said the company was cooperating with the investigation in an attempt to learn what is causing the problems. She said the company would review warranty claims as part of its inquiry.

Kinley said there had been no injuries or accidents associated with the issue.

Ford sold 48,999 Expeditions during the first five months of 2005, a decline of 20 percent compared with the same period a year ago, according to Autodata Corp. In 2004, Ford sold 159,846 Expeditions, a 12 percent drop compared with 2003.

NHTSA also said it was investigating potential problems involving the malfunction indicator lamp in the 2004 Land Rover Discovery II -- part of Ford's Premier Automotive Group.

Larry Rosinski, a Land Rover spokesman, said there have been reports of the malfunction indicator lamp in the onboard display near the dashboard failing to illuminate. He said it involves nearly 51,000 vehicles and the problem is likely a software issue.

Rosinski said there have been no accidents or injuries reported.

Ford shares fell 17 cents to close at $11.11 on the New York Stock Exchange. Its shares have traded in a range of $9.07 to $16.48 over the past 52 weeks.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News