US:Jaguar tops sales-satisfaction ranking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16   #1 (permalink)

US:Jaguar tops sales-satisfaction ranking

Jaguar tops sales-satisfaction ranking

By Greg Migliore
Automotive News

Jaguar topped the J.D. Power and Associates Sales Satisfaction Index for the second straight year.

The study measures the satisfaction new-vehicle buyers express with the sales process.

In the 2005 study released Wednesday, Jaguar tallied 889 points on a 1,000-point scale. Lexus was second with 888 points. Last year, Jaguar and Lexus tied for first.

Buick and Porsche tied for third in this year's study with 878 points. Cadillac (874), Lincoln and Mercedes-Benz (873 points apiece) followed. The industry average was 842 points.

The survey found that the availability of new vehicles with the features that buyers want and the length of time customers must spend in dealerships are critical to consumer satisfaction levels.

"Dissatisfaction with the amount of time spent on the sales process is mostly attributed to the negotiation process," said Steve Witten, executive director of automotive retail at J.D. Power.

"Buyers typically talk to several dealership personnel before finally driving off the lot with their new vehicle," Witten said in a statement.

Among the 37 brands surveyed, Chevrolet finished 15th with 856 points. Ford was 22nd with 843 points, and Toyota was 29th with 824 points.

Isuzu was the lowest-ranked brand with 743 points.

Power based the study on responses from 37,296 new-vehicle purchasers in May. After the Big 3 launched employee-discount promotions in June, Power says, customer satisfaction levels with the price of vehicles increased.

Sales Satisfaction Index ranking by nameplate

Jaguar 889
Lexus 888
Buick 878
Porsche 878
Cadillac 874
Lincoln 873
Mercedes-Benz 873
Volvo 872
Saturn 871
Mercury 867
BMW 865
Land Rover 861
GMC 860
Infiniti 858
Chevrolet 856
Pontiac 854
Saab 852
Acura 847
Audi 846
Honda 845
MINI 844
Ford 843
Industry Average 842
Hyundai 839
Chrysler 838
HUMMER 837
Dodge 835
Jeep 831
Scion 830
Toyota 824
Volkswagen 824
Mitsubishi 819
Mazda 818
Nissan 817
Subaru 816
Suzuki 815
Kia 810
Isuzu 743

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News