US:Lincoln Preps New "Dreams" Campaign Marketing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 13:58   #1 (permalink)

US:Lincoln Preps New "Dreams" Campaign Marketing

Marketing: Lincoln Preps New "Dreams" Campaign Marketing
INSDIE LINE

DEARBORN, Mich. — Ever wanna run a triathlon, write a novel or open your own restaurant?

Lincoln aims to help consumers learn how, step-by-step, to achieve their goals with a new Web site that lists 31 popular dreams and charts the route to reach them. Experts in each area provide suggestions to help overcome problems and a discussion board lets those who are pursuing the same dream confer and cheer each other on.

The idea, sources say, is to hitch Lincoln's stodgy image to this aspiring, upwardly mobile bunch as they plot world domination. Along the way, they hope Lincoln becomes an aspirational brand.

Lincoln is launching a new campaign to promote its new products, but the company fears that its Internet advertising has become too traditional.

"Typical Internet banner ads lack effectiveness," said Mike Richardson, Lincoln's general manager of marketing.

The Web site is just one component of an overall media push that has seen four new "Advancing the American Dream" television commercials. The campaign is designed to appeal to consumers who enjoy fine food, travel, personal finance, home improvement and an active lifestyle. Lincoln contrasts these two alternative appeals for premium cars, which it terms "old world" — which trades on tradition and heritage — and "money is everything" which promotes ostentation.

The site features short films documenting how other people have achieved these dreams as inspiration, and in a co-marketing effort with Amazon, the site will conveniently provide the chance to buy any required materials. Even more conveniently, for Lincoln, customers will be able to configure and arrange the purchase of a Lincoln through Amazon.

The "Dreams" site launches Monday, November 20. The 31 featured dreams are:

Publish My Book
Make an Independent Film
Make a Living From My Music
Become a Stand-Up Comedian
Design a Clothing Line
Make a Documentary
Dance Like a Pro
Get My Play Produced
Exhibit My Art in a Museum
Become a Concert Pianist
Release My Own CD
Compete In a Triathlon
Learn How To Fly
Restore a Classic Car
Cook Like a Gourmet
Start a Winery
Become an Accomplished Gardener
Restore a Historic Property
Get My PGA Card
Become Fluent in Another Language
Ride The Tour de France
Open My Own Restaurant
Climb a Major Mountain
Scuba Dive a Ship Wreck
Travel The World
Kayak a Class-V River
Spend a Year Abroad
Fly-Fish All Top Five Rivers
Tour Europe By Car
Crew The America's Cup Race
Race in The Baja

What this means to you: No more excuses. Time to get off the couch and out of your cubicle and finally do what you've been talking about all these years.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News