US:New 2006 Mercury Milan Sedan - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2004, 19:19   #1 (permalink)

US:New 2006 Mercury Milan Sedan

NEW 2006 MILAN SEDAN

The Auto Channel

Mercury unveils a sketch of its all-new entry-level sedan, the 2006 Mercury Milan.

When the Mercury Milan is unveiled at the 2005 North American International Auto Show, it will be the fourth new Mercury product introduced over two years.

Milan, with its modern Mercury design, will draw younger, more diverse customers to the Lincoln Mercury showroom.

NEW YORK CITY, August 26, 2004 – The product onslaught that is opening new doors for new customers in Lincoln Mercury showrooms continues in 2005 with the introduction of the all-new Mercury Milan, a sleek, entry-level sedan.

In announcing its new advertising campaign and tag line – "New Doors Open" – Mercury also unveiled a sketch of its fourth new vehicle in just two years.

"We use the words 'different' and 'smarter' quite a bit when talking about Mercury, " said Darryl Hazel, Lincoln Mercury president. "They absolutely apply to the new Milan. Milan will bring a different customer to Mercury dealers – significantly younger customers drawn to the upscale design and smart feature packaging that define Mercury's new products."

The five-passenger Milan will enter the midsize-sedan market, which remains one of the industry's largest segments.

The 2006 Milan takes its design inspiration and cues from the modern, savvy new Mercury design DNA that has developed into a family of contemporary new cars, SUVs and minivans. The Milan will be based on Ford Motor Company's CD3 architecture.

The Mercury Milan has sophisticated design appeal with clean, crisp lines, a distinctive interior and driving excitement. "The name ‘Milan’ connotes visions of a modern, fashionable European city, fitting the car's design theme and target customer like a fine Italian suit," said chief designer Darrell Behmer.

The sketch hints at the "U"-shaped lines that will carry through Milan's hood, front fascia with waterfall grille and bumper as well as through its rear deck-lid, lift-gate, LED tail lamps and bumper. Clean, contemporary aluminum rims fill out the wheel wells, which are pushed out to the corners of the vehicle adding to its tapered stance. Inside, Mercury’s distinct personality and commitment to craftsmanship will be apparent with upscale materials, precision fit-and-finish, and satin-aluminum appearance trim accents.

The Mercury Milan goes into production at Ford’s assembly plant and supplier park in Hermosillo, Mexico in the third quarter of 2005.

Over the next four years, Lincoln Mercury will introduce 11 new products to its showroom, six Mercurys and five Lincolns. These vehicles are among the 65 new products Ford, Lincoln and Mercury are introducing in North America during a five-year period.

Among the six new Mercury vehicles are:

The Mercury Montego – The all-new 2005 Montego arrives in showrooms this fall. It is Mercury's first all-new sedan in almost 20 years and represents modern design, spacious interior, a smooth quiet ride and outstanding value in an upscale sedan. Montego also offers all-wheel drive capability.

The Mercury Mariner – The all-new 2005 Mariner also arrives in showrooms this fall. It introduces modern Mercury design, refined driving dynamics, 4-wheel drive and unique product features in a small, fuel-efficient SUV. Mariner builds on the style and success of the Mountaineer and will be the entry-level SUV in the Lincoln Mercury showroom.

The Mercury Monterey – The 2005 Monterey enters its second year in the Mercury showroom. It offers class-leading safety technologies – such as a three-row Safety Canopy side curtain air bag – and innovative cargo management solutions in a long-wheelbase luxury minivan. Monterey offers upscale design, innovative family-friendly features - such as front- and rear-parking sensors and an optional power liftgate - and exceptional comfort.

In addition, a new crossover vehicle for the Mercury showroom is planned for future production at the Chicago Assembly plant and a hybrid version of the Mariner has been announced for the 2007 model year.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2004, 08:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: US:New 2006 Mercury Milan Sedan

The Milan has Mercury's trademark "waterfall" grille and interior trim components that feature a satin-aluminum finish -- another emerging brand feature.

Mercury's new entry-level sedan to be named Milan

It will be positioned between the Fusion and elegant Zephyr

By Eric Mayne / The Detroit News

The third and final offering in Ford Motor Co.’s new midsize car stable has a name — the Mercury Milan.

Expected in showrooms next year as a 2006 model, the Milan is the fourth of six new vehicles planned for Mercury over the next four years. It shares underpinnings with the Ford Fusion and Lincoln Zephyr, which also debut next year, and will be built at Ford’s assembly plant in Hermosillo, Mexico.

“The name ‘Milan’ connotes visions of a modern, fashionable European city, fitting the car’s design theme and target customer like a fine Italian suit,” said Darrell Behmer, chief designer of the car.

Mercury’s entry-level sedan, the Milan will play a key role in reinvigorating the brand’s fortunes. As recently as 2001, the marque’s product pipeline was virtually empty. Bill Ford made Mercury’s revival a top priority when he become chief executive officer of the automaker in late 2001.

But the brand is still struggling. Sales in the first seven months of 2004 are flat compared to a year ago, and Mercury’s car sales are down 13 percent.

The Milan will be positioned between the aggressive-looking Fusion and the elegant Zephyr.

A key concern for analysts: the Milan’s size.

Domestic-brand buyers prefer cars about the size of the bigger Ford Taurus, said John Wolkonowicz, North American market analyst with Global Insight Inc.

The Milan, Fusion and Zephyr are expected to be slightly larger than the Mazda6 — all four models share parts and engineering — but shorter than the Taurus and Mercury Sable, which will be discontinued.

In addition to the Milan, Mercury’s model lineup is being expanded with the introduction of the Montego sedan and Mariner SUV this quarter. Mercury will also get a version of the Ford Freestyle crossover wagon after 2006.

My next Ford.....
Old 08-27-2004, 08:29   #3 (permalink)

Re: US:New 2006 Mercury Milan Sedan

Mercury showroom transformation continues with all-new 2006 Milan sedan

Autoindex.org

The product onslaught that is opening new doors for new customers in Lincoln Mercury showrooms continues in 2005 with the introduction of the all-new Mercury Milan, a sleek, entry-level sedan.

In announcing its new advertising campaign and tag line – "New Doors Open" – Mercury also unveiled a sketch of its fourth new vehicle in just two years.

"We use the words 'different' and 'smarter' quite a bit when talking about Mercury, " said Darryl Hazel, Lincoln Mercury president. "They absolutely apply to the new Milan. Milan will bring a different customer to Mercury dealers – significantly younger customers drawn to the upscale design and smart feature packaging that define Mercury's new products."

The five-passenger Milan will enter the midsize-sedan market, which remains one of the industry's largest segments.

The 2006 Milan takes its design inspiration and cues from the modern, savvy new Mercury design DNA that has developed into a family of contemporary new cars, SUVs and minivans. The Milan will be based on Ford Motor Company's CD3 architecture.

The Mercury Milan has sophisticated design appeal with clean, crisp lines, a distinctive interior and driving excitement. "The name ‘Milan’ connotes visions of a modern, fashionable European city, fitting the car's design theme and target customer like a fine Italian suit," said chief designer Darrell Behmer.

The sketch hints at the "U"-shaped lines that will carry through Milan's hood, front fascia with waterfall grille and bumper as well as through its rear deck-lid, lift-gate, LED tail lamps and bumper. Clean, contemporary aluminum rims fill out the wheel wells, which are pushed out to the corners of the vehicle adding to its tapered stance. Inside, Mercury’s distinct personality and commitment to craftsmanship will be apparent with upscale materials, precision fit-and-finish, and satin-aluminum appearance trim accents.

The Mercury Milan goes into production at Ford’s assembly plant and supplier park in Hermosillo, Mexico in the third quarter of 2005.

Over the next four years, Lincoln Mercury will introduce 11 new products to its showroom, six Mercurys and five Lincolns. These vehicles are among the 65 new products Ford, Lincoln and Mercury are introducing in North America during a five-year period.

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > Latest Ford News and Racing News > Ford Worldwide News