Ford Forums banner

USA: Ford Names Robert L. Shanks New Ford of Europe and PAG Vice President

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Stacy94PGT 
#1 ·
Ford Motor Company Names Robert L. Shanks New Ford of Europe and PAG Vice President
-- Robert L. Shanks, formerly chief financial officer, Premier Automotive Group (PAG), becomes vice president, Operations Support, Finance and Strategy, Ford of Europe and PAG. -- Shanks continues as CFO for PAG, but expands his role by also overseeing Ford of Europe finance activities, providing operational support, and developing overall business strategy.

The Auto Channel

DEARBORN, Mich., June 21 -- Ford Motor Company announced today the appointment of Robert L. Shanks as vice president, Operations Support, Finance and Strategy, Ford of Europe and PAG. Shanks, who previously served as chief financial officer for Ford's Premier Automotive Group, continues to report to Mark Fields, executive vice president, Ford of Europe and PAG. His appointment is effective July 1.

In his new role, Shanks will continue as CFO for PAG, with increased responsibility for driving Marketing, Sales and Service issues across the PAG brands, and he will oversee Ford of Europe's finance activities. He also will develop and manage the overall Ford of Europe and PAG governance process, and will contribute to the implementation of a consistent Ford of Europe and PAG investor relations strategy. Shanks' overriding responsibility will be to drive financial methodology, processes, best practices and synergies between Ford of Europe and PAG.

"Bob Shanks has played a key role in the improvement of PAG's financial results in 2003, mainly by driving stronger business processes across the entire PAG management structure," said Mark Fields. "I know he will continue to be pivotal in delivering a more disciplined execution of the overall PAG strategy and business plan. Now, Ford of Europe will benefit from his strategic approach."

Shanks is considered a Ford Motor Company business strategy and corporate- planning expert with extensive global experience. Prior to his appointment as CFO of PAG in December 2002, he served as CFO for Mazda Motor Corporation. In addition to other finance positions within Mazda, North America and South America, Shanks also has led finance functions in Taiwan's Ford Lio Ho Motor Company and in Ford's Asia-Pacific operations.

"During my 27-year career at Ford, I have had a first-hand opportunity to view the company through a variety of finance-related positions all over the world," said Shanks. "These perspectives will be extremely beneficial as I begin my new role in coordinating efforts between two critical business segments -- Ford of Europe and PAG. It will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to it."

Shanks earned a bachelor's degree in foreign service from Georgetown University in 1975, and a master's degree in international management from the American Graduate School of International Management in 1976. He joined Ford Motor Company in 1977.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.