1993 3.8l v6 + twin turbo or supercharger = ?good? Bad? Worth it? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Thunderbird Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Thunderbird.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Dark Lord of the T-bird

Exclamation 1993 3.8l v6 + twin turbo or supercharger = ?good? Bad? Worth it?

iv been thinking about making my N/A 3.8 forced induction whether by twin turbo or supercharger. I was told that N/A engines usually have a higher compression than stock forced induction engines, is this true? if yes what are the pros/cons of putting an aftermarket turbo or super charger on my engine? Would making it forced induction affect it's reliability, service life etc? i was also told that due to the higher compression making it forced induction could possibly turn my engine into a "ticking time bomb" and run the risk of blowing the heads, gaskets, and damaging the pistons/cylinders. Is this true. if yes is there a way to adjust the compression? between the turbo and supercharger what would be better for performace and for my engine because i would like it to last another hopefully 10 years (i dont do alot of driving im just talking about age) Is the money worth putting in to this for the extra horses? I was also told making it forced induction makes the engine run cleaner and more efficiently which will save me money on gas. ($1.30 per litre O_o) my car is a 1993 lx 3.8 v6 with 140 000km and a 4 speed AOD tranny. The engine runs like new other than a few small leaks on the water pump gasket, rocker cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, rear main, rear diff, cv boots... (too many to list but all minor sweats) Help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Thunderbird Forum